Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

Here's a small, interesting data point. When my installment loan balances reported dropped way down, my TU Fico 8 jumped from 784 to 819. My Vantage 3.0 TU score of 758 didn't move. My EQ Fico 8 score jumped from 719 to 746. Vantage 3.0 EQ score of 733, you guessed it, didn't move.

Message 51 of 338
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Wally Card FREE FICO score by transunion - 636

Credit Karma - Transunion - 682

Credit Karma - Equifax - 682

Message 52 of 338
EW800
Valued Contributor

l will share the fact that the difference between my FICO scores and non-FICO scores is nothing short of dramatic.  As indicated below, my FICO 8 scores are basically in the 735 range.  My FiCO 4 scores around 725.  Some of the auto-enhanced and bankcard scores are in the 750-760 range.  My Vantage 3.0 scores are 810 and 811 (TU and EQ) - obviously a completely different range than my FICO scores.  This could sure mislead the average consumer in thinking that their scores that lenders use are much higher than they truly are.  

One thing about my Vantage 3.0 scores that really seems odd is that their webpage indicates that my scores are "95% Higher Than All CreditKarama Members".  Having a foreclosure and credit card settlement about 3-1/2 years ago sure makes it seem odd that I would supposedly be higher than 95% other CK users.  Go figure....

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 53 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

No explanation necessary... wish my FICO scores were the high ones.

Message 54 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK currently has me at 677; just signed up for Experian and EX gave me a FICO 8 of 719.

Message 55 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sprint pulled my TU score -- 723

FICO -- 601

FAKO -- 523

I'm so confused. I recently purchased a vehicle at 16.95% and was sick! I took the car back, negoitiated with the DM and received 0% via Ford Motor. They used Experian and my score was 566.  I'm still scratching my head, but giving GOD ALL THE GLORY!!

Message 56 of 338
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

The fako part was what gave it away to me Smiley Wink. Generally, when I did look at CK, my fako scores were much lower. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 57 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I said,but according to people on these forums, CK scores are damn near accurate:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/4323749#M94232

Message 58 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I said,but according to people on these forums, CK scores are damn near accurate:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applic​ations/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/432​...

Message 59 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applic​ations/AMEX-application-denied-No-hard-hit/m-p/43...

Message 60 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.