Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs. FAKO – Share your FAKO stories

My CK differed from my FICO for the past year.

My CK FAKO rose +33 last week and now is very close to my EQ FICO score.
EQ 759
TU FAKO 754
EQ FAKO 757

I haven't had any new HP for 7 months, gardening.
Message 281 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea where to ge those

Message 282 of 338
JBJBJB1
Valued Member

I use both My FICO and Credit Karma, but there is no "Best Place" or really "Any Place" to get a guaranteed real credit score.  This is because Lenders score however they want, and while they may use standard FICO or Vantage, it is likely modified for internal use within the company.  Even if a credit card company or a mortgage company provides a free (usually Vantage Score) credit score for you on thier website, that is not necessarily what they use themselves!  

Here is a recent "real life" example. 

When I applied for an American Express Card, they pulled my exact FICO from Experian.  When I applied for my Chase Amazon Card, neither my Credit Karma Vantage Score nor my FICO score was used, rather they used something called a "Card Acquisition Risk Score V2, which scored me at a 729.  My FICO was 681 and Credit Karma was 742.

Check out this article. 

https://wallethub.com/edu/vantage-score-vs-fico-score/36859/

Message 283 of 338
Regular Contributor

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

Right now for me......My FAKOS have weird fluxuations that don't make any sense either. They've jumped as high as the 590's but they've dipped back down into the upper 570's.

I've been north of 600 in my real scores for 3-4 months now 

My FICO scorecard 

647 EQ: 623: TU: 617

FAKO scorecard

EQ: 569 TU: 559 

I’m not sure where your FAKOs come from, but if they’re from a site that recommends credit products I wonder if they’re recommending that you might increase your score by applying for an advertiser’s credit card, e.g. “You have fewer than optimal credit cards. Consider adding a credit card to improve your scores.”

In other words, CK and others aren’t offering credit scores, they’re offering engineered scores, comments about scores and paid advertising to sell credit cards to consumers. 

Fico 8 Scores
7/2020: EQ - 842; TU - 832; EX - 848
10/2017: EQ - 823; TU - 835; EX - 824
05/2016: EQ - 712; TU - 706; EX - 710
11/2015: EQ - 694; TU - 651; EX - 653
5/2015: EQ - 670
5/2014: EQ - 653
11/2013: EQ - 645
05/2013: EQ - 656
11/2012: EQ - 646

Eight CCs ($179,500 CL, 0%-1% UTIL)
AoOA = 18.6 years, AAoA = 60 mos., AoYA = 18 mos.
One mortgage, one HELOC, no car loans.
Derogs from 2009 and 2010 now gone after 7 years. I started paying attention to credit scores in about 2014. It's taken a few years but credit scores are now good after starting in the high 500s back in 2011

Message 284 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, currently these are my FAKO scores from CK:

TU - 753

EQ - 754

Here are my FICO Score 8 numbers (I don't have access to an EQ number from FICO):

TU - 796

EX - 810

Things look better with my FICO's than the FAKO's. The CK scores are still not reporting the new AMEX BCP nor the Chase Amazon card yet, the FICO TU isn't reporting them either, so I guess maybe next month. 

Message 285 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK has me at 764 TU, and "real" FICO is reporting at 714. I subscribe to several of the FAKO sites like Wallet Hub and Credit Sesame. Honestly, while they are all just dressed up advertising for CC's, Credit Sesame is the worst. They spam me three or four times daily with "offers" that will "improve my utilization ratios". My favorite part is the "Very good" odds of being approved for Chase products when I know for sure they aren't going to approve me for anything because of 5/24. I feel like CK and the rest overestimate to make you feel confident about getting another card, incresing your chances of getting further into debt. It all seems so predatory to me. 

Message 286 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are getting much closer with time, and paying down a chunk of debt on one card ~20% had a big impact. That increased my TU FICO +43. 715>758.

Credit Karma scores now very close to FICO.

CK
TU 755
EQ 757

FICO 8
TU 758
EQ 759

Didn't used to be this close, were very far apart prior to this month.
Message 287 of 338
BM3
Regular Contributor

fako EQ shows growth over last 3 months from 670 to 738.  

today I paid to find out EQ hasn't @#$! moved in all this time from 671. I almost want to wish to think the paid site is broken. How can a score NOT move when new things happen, and other scores move by 70 pts in that time..

Message 288 of 338
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

Credit Karma says my EQ is 698 and TU 714, when in reality my FICO EQ is 775, TU 794 (From Experian's tri-bureau score/report)

Almost a 100 point difference, makes me wonder how you could possibly call a score on Credit Karma a "credit score".

Message 289 of 338
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just joined myFico as of last week and I am so glad I finally found out what my FICO scores were.  I had been relying on CK for a while and when I went to apply for an auto loan, my score was significantly different than what CK was reporting!  I now know the difference between the "Vantage Scores" and true FICO and not looking back!

Message 290 of 338
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.