Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO vs Vantage, Help Me Understand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO vs Vantage, Help Me Understand

@Anonymous wrote:

The predatory is actually older with a 6 year payoff. That is something I will never do again once paid off. I had to take actions I didn't want to during a difficult time.

I would love to get rid of my rebuilders, but then my credit age will drop drastically so it's a double edged sword. Ideally, I will be approved for a CLI and new card through NFCU next month. It really sucks being at that in between stage and the wrong move can drop my score.

Only Vantage Score uses open accounts for average age.

I am surprused to surge and the other uses VS 3.0. I never heard that before.

Honestly, I still would care little about 3.0 keep working on your credit and the more time you put between your lates and derogs the more likely you will get better cards that do not use VS 3.0.

Also, we really do not have enough info to know why your 3.0 went down. I have seen the ups and downs in mine and it seems when things uodate it lives to tumble down. Meaning, rebuilding really messes with Vantage Scores with all tge changes and updates. VS loves stability.

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now that I'm approved for another good card, I will begin subtracting from the rebuilders. One of the reasons I have been hesitant to close, aside from credit age, is that I also get dinged for the amount of credit being too low. 

There is no scoring penalty for having low credit limits.  The limits in and of themselves are not a scoring factor.  You can have 3 different individuals that each have 3 credit cards.  One has all $500 limit cards, the other all $5000 limit cards and the last all $50,000 limit cards.  All 3 would be capable of possessing the same Fico scores on an otherwise identical credit file.  With lower credit limits one only has to watch their reported balances a bit more closely, as an equal reported balance on a small limit card represents a larger utilization percentage than the same balance on a large(r) limit card.  That larger utilization percentage can of course impact Fico scoring. 

Since OP is concerned about VS 3.0, too, specifically low credit limits does impact scoring for VS.

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that changed is my credit card balances. It decreased by $331. My FS loves it, as does my Equifax VS. The TU VS penalized me for it, which is the same score used by my rebuilders. 

With my rebuilders, only the credit one did a hard pull. The others went directly off my VS for approval.

I'm trying so hard to have patience and I know I have made huge improvements, but that really sucked.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.