Few accounts paid on time metric?!?

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Few accounts paid on time metric?!?

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I think it relates to the derogatories now the additional members have shed light.

There is a reason code that says too few or too many bank cards and that’s usually under 3 or over around 16, IIRC.

I think your numbers are off, I pulled a 3B report today and see the "too few or too many" on my TU mortgage scores and I have 12 open cards.

@dragontears I'm positive I did not have it when I had that few cards. I wonder if it counts closed cards? Do you have a few closed cards on your CR by chance? I'd have to go back and look to check the numbers, but I think it showed up at 15 or 16. I thought it was 16. I definitely didn't have it at 12.

Maybe it's scorecard related? May I know, assuming your profile is clean, your oldest account, youngest revolver, and number of accounts? 

Version 8?

@Anonymous 

Oldest account: opened 10/97 (paid off student loan)

Youngest account: 13 months (HELOC)

Total number of accounts: 28

Total open revolving accounts: 12 cards + HELOC (if I remember right, HELOC counts as revolving for mortgage scores)

Total closed revolving accounts: 2 credit cards (EQ has an extra closed card)

TU4: 757

Reason codes:

1. You have too few or too many credit accounts 

2. You opened a new credit account recently 

3. You have not established a long revolving and/or open-ended account credit history 

4. You have too many credit accounts with balances 

TU8 825

Reason codes:

None provided 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Few accounts paid on time metric?!?

@dragontears Interesting. We are both in clean/thick/aged profiles.

Right now, I’m in a new account card while you’re in the no new account card on version 8, but who knows where the new account threshold is on 5-4-2.

Not sure which one of those I was in when I had 12 cards either, but I don’t think that would make a difference. maybe thin/thick or young/old, but we’re both thick and old.

When I get time I’m gonna try to go back and see if I can access my reports and see at what number it showed up on mine, but maybe it was already there and I just had four codes and it was pushed off.

Thanks for the data points.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.