Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score 9 showing delinquency/derogatory but nothing is there

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score 9 showing delinquency/derogatory but nothing is there

I went to check my scores today and noticed the new Fico Score 9.  It was MUCH lower than any of my other scores.  The thing it stated that was different than any of my other scores was:  "You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report."

So the first thing I did was run a new report.  Needless to say, there was nothing negative on anything.  I don't have ANY late payments.  There is no derogatory information listed anywhere either.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Fico Score 9 showing delinquency/derogatory but nothing is there

Hi NF, welcome to the forum.

This appears to be an ongoing issue with FICO 9. There are several posts about but, apparently, no solution at this time. It doesn't affect everyone... very strange. You are not alone -- use the search bar and search 'FICO 9 Delinquency' (and other variances if that) to see what others have experienced.

I hope the issue is resolved soon since there is an increasing number of lenders out there using FICO9 now.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

This appears to be an ongoing issue with FICO 9. There are several posts about but, apparently, no solution at this time. It doesn't affect everyone... very strange. You are not alone -- use the search bar and search 'FICO 9 Delinquency' (and other variances if that) to see what others have experienced.

I hope the issue is resolved soon since there is an increasing number of lenders out there using FICO9 now.

Hi TMR.  I am so grateful that you are watching this.  If you are willing to, it would truly be a huge gift to this community if you could make it your pet project to track the various case studies that have come up on the forum.  It would involve as you say some forum searches, identifying the screennames of the OPs, dates that they reported the issue, whether they pulled a true credit report at ACR to confirm the absence of derogs, the difference between their FICO 8 and the FICO 9, and most importantly a summary of any relevant info as to what might be causing this (for that person), including negative reason statements.  And then circling back with these OPs and seeing if they are still seeing the huge score difference.

I know that sounds like a lot of work but once you set up a spreadsheet it really would be pretty easy and it might be fun to be the resident expert on an issue that is pretty darn important.

PS.  One crucial thing to determine in each case study is whether there might be an explanation that we already know of.  Notably: does this person have a small unpaid collection?  (< $99)  If all his unpaid collection(s) are small, then we should expect his FICO 9 to be far lower than his FICO 8.

PPS.  My memory is that in at least two cases we saw that the person did some kind of specific refinancing of a loan, which apparently triggered some kind of negative reason statement in FICO 9 that we hadn't seen before.  Something different from their installment utilization going up (which would affect FICO 8 just as much).  Do you remember anything like that?

Message 3 of 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

Hi CreditGuy - 

I do not recall the specific cases you mentioned, but would be happy to look for them and make note.   I can get started on this little 'project' later this afternoon - this sort of assignment is right up my alley. Smiley Wink 

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

Hi TMR.  I am so grateful that you are watching this.  If you are willing to, it would truly be a huge gift to this community if you could make it your pet project to track the various case studies that have come up on the forum.  It would involve as you say some forum searches, identifying the screennames of the OPs, dates that they reported the issue, whether they pulled a true credit report at ACR to confirm the absence of derogs, the difference between their FICO 8 and the FICO 9, and most importantly a summary of any relevant info as to what might be causing this (for that person), including negative reason statements.  And then circling back with these OPs and seeing if they are still seeing the huge score difference.

I know that sounds like a lot of work but once you set up a spreadsheet it really would be pretty easy and it might be fun to be the resident expert on an issue that is pretty darn important.

PS.  One crucial thing to determine in each case study is whether there might be an explanation that we already know of.  Notably: does this person have a small unpaid collection?  (< $99)  If all his unpaid collection(s) are small, then we should expect his FICO 9 to be far lower than his FICO 8.

PPS.  My memory is that in at least two cases we saw that the person did some kind of specific refinancing of a loan, which apparently triggered some kind of negative reason statement in FICO 9 that we hadn't seen before.  Something different from their installment utilization going up (which would affect FICO 8 just as much).  Do you remember anything like that?

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The nice thing about having one person doing research is that he often comes up with a hypothesis that covers some of the cases.  For example, maybe that hypothesis that people are doing something with a loan that FICO 9 doesn't like.

Then, since you have created your list of OPs who have posted about their own problem with this, you can go back to them and ask each of them "Hey, did you do any refi of a loan or anything like that?"  And then perhaps you'll get a bunch of people saying Yes whereas in their initial thread it never occurred to them to mention that.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anything ever come of this? This just happened to be using the fico 8 score from TU and experian but not equifax. I pulled paper reports and read all 100 pages and nothing is mentioned about missed or altered payments. All the CRA all say I have no negative accounts but for some reason the fico 8 model is attaining that something three months ago is triggering a massive drop in my score.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.