Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Score versions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico Score versions

I am looking to purchase a house. My 4, 5, and 2 scores, (used for mortgages), are all 70 points or so lower than my Fico 8 scores?

Why would these scores be that much lower, and how do I raise these fico versions to purchase a house ASAP?!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Score versions

There are many possible reasons.  If you have derogs (lates, collections, etc.) the mortgage models treat them differently than does FICO 8.

For example, if you have a collection that is for under $100 (paid or unpaid) FICO 8 treats it as if it was not there at all.  The mortgage models in contrast would penalize you for it, possibly quite harshly.

If your only derogs were very old Day 30 lates, FICO 8 would be likely to assess only a small penalty -- whereas the mortgage models would be much less forgiving.

Have you pulled all three credit reports and gone over them carefully?  Reports are different than the scores.

Also, can you tell us how many credit cards you have?  Even better would be for you to list each one with its balance and credit limit, like this:

Card 1.  Balance = ____   Limit = ____

Card 2.  Balance = ____   Limit = ____

Card 3.  Balance = ____   Limit = ____

etc.

If you do that we may be able to suggest a strategy that will help.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico Score versions

@Anonymouswrote:
I am looking to purchase a house. My 4, 5, and 2 scores, (used for mortgages), are all 70 points or so lower than my Fico 8 scores?

Why would these scores be that much lower, and how do I raise these fico versions to purchase a house ASAP?!

There is no way we can answer without knowing what's on your credit report. Please provide more details.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.