Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico mortgage scores

My husband and I have been working on our credit scores so that we can apply for a mortgage in a few months. Right now we just have access to the transunion and experian fico numbers (recent models). They are in the low 700's. I thought of maybe getting a report with all 3 and all the various models so that we can see what it says the mortgage fico numbers are. I'm nervous that we can go into this thinking we have awesome scores, only to find out the mortgage ones are like 650 or less. I'd rather know now than when the mortgage people pull the numbers. Anyhow, it looks like all these places you can get them are a month to month thing and not a one time thing. Some have free 30 day trials and there's the pay $30-40 ones. I'm concerned that if I try to cancel, I'm only able to by phone or sending a letter in the mail. Some reviews have said people still get billed after and that it's super hard to get ahold of someone to cancel. Does anyone have any experience with these services? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Fico mortgage scores

Creditchecktotal.com (part of Experian) for $1. Cancel online in 7 days or less. You'll get 3B Fico 8s plus Experian FICO 2.

You can also become a member with DCU. Get the savings account for free monthly EQ FICO 5.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know for sure that you can cancel online?

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Yes, it's a simple click of a button.
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I have been working on our credit scores so that we can apply for a mortgage in a few months. Right now we just have access to the transunion and experian fico numbers (recent models). They are in the low 700's. I thought of maybe getting a report with all 3 and all the various models so that we can see what it says the mortgage fico numbers are. I'm nervous that we can go into this thinking we have awesome scores, only to find out the mortgage ones are like 650 or less. I'd rather know now than when the mortgage people pull the numbers. Anyhow, it looks like all these places you can get them are a month to month thing and not a one time thing. Some have free 30 day trials and there's the pay $30-40 ones. I'm concerned that if I try to cancel, I'm only able to by phone or sending a letter in the mail. Some reviews have said people still get billed after and that it's super hard to get ahold of someone to cancel. Does anyone have any experience with these services? 

The only way I know to stay on top of all 3 of your mortgage scores is to subscribe to the MyFICO $39.95 monthly monitoring service, which updates monthly.

The recent model scores are meaningless in the context of applying for a mortgage. My mortgage scores are typically much much lower than my recent model scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 6
Trudy
Valued Contributor

If you're concerned about recurring charges, you can purchase a one time 3B report from myFICO.  It will provide your MTG score for all 3 bureau's.  Many people just do a one or two time pull (one closer to app'ing) when prepping for a MTG.  The $1 credittotalcheck or creditchecktotal thing will not provide your MTG scores for EQ or TU, only your FICO 8 scores for these 2 bureaus. The lender will use the middle score so you want to see all 3 MTG scores.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.