Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico score monitoring and what lenders see

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico score monitoring and what lenders see

While monitoring your scores here at myFICO, and you get the weekly updates, how often are they actually updating? Meaning if you started on Jan 1st, and by Jan 20th you raised your score 50 points to 700, and wanted to apply for a mortgage then, would the lender pull the 700 or is there a certain time you have to wait before it actually updates? Or are these snapshots we get weekly real time Fico 8 updates? I'm sure the 3B scores are updating as well, so when asking about the scores I'm meaning any of them. You won't know what your 3B scores are unless you order them, but let's say you wanted to check on them once a week? Will they show the real time updates? If I sound like I'm repeating myself I'm just trying to clarify for all. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico score monitoring and what lenders see

It's updated every time a lender pulls it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Thanks Captool. 

Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Scores change each and every time a change is reflected to your CR's 

This could be due anything that is updated at that particular moment: (snapshot)

Payments

UTL

New accounts 

New HP's 

Paid off accounts 

Baddies

etc etc 

So to answer your question whenever the lender pulls they will see the snapshot of what your score is at that very millisecond in time....1 second later due to the pull your score will change again to reflect the HP that just occurred 

Hope this makes sense 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While monitoring your scores here at myFICO, and you get the weekly updates, how often are they actually updating? Meaning if you started on Jan 1st, and by Jan 20th you raised your score 50 points to 700, and wanted to apply for a mortgage then, would the lender pull the 700 or is there a certain time you have to wait before it actually updates? Or are these snapshots we get weekly real time Fico 8 updates? I'm sure the 3B scores are updating as well, so when asking about the scores I'm meaning any of them. You won't know what your 3B scores are unless you order them, but let's say you wanted to check on them once a week? Will they show the real time updates? If I sound like I'm repeating myself I'm just trying to clarify for all. 

Any time you pull a 3B, the scores reflect that instant in time.  Same thing when a mortgage tri-merge is pulled - it reflects that moment in time - whatever is on your report at that moment in included.

But you mention the monitoring, seeing a specific score, and ask if a mortgage lender would see that score...

No.

The monitoring is only FICO 8 scores, and the mortgage tri-merge will pull EX2/EQ5/TU4.  You will only see updated versions of those scores here if you pull a new 3B report.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.