cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifty point drop in EX after sending GW letter ... Creditor reported as new "KD"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifty point drop in EX after sending GW letter ... Creditor reported as new "KD"

I have been reading these forums, but have never participated. I had an account from 2003 that was a charge off. I believed that it was paid, so I sent a GW letter asking them to remove it. Unfortunately, it wasn't paid (i was in law school - trying financial times) instead of removing it, the creditor decided to begin reporting it to the credit bureaus as a current derogatory item, which dropped my score 50 points! Is this normal? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I panicked - and paid it - hoping that the score will rebound. Any thoughts on whether it will? Fingers crossed... Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fifty point drop in EX after sending GW letter ... Creditor reported as new "KD"

those "Key Derogatory" KD's really beat your score down.

Sounds like you woke sleeping giant -

I suggest another GW letter (now that it is paid) and disputing the lates.

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-17-2007 09:53 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fifty point drop in EX after sending GW letter ... Creditor reported as new "KD"

Thanks. I will try another good will letter - but I had two other paid charge-offs with this creditor (I know, very bad) and they refused to take it off, so I don't have high hopes. I am hoping that when it's paid, it will help... and my scores will recover!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.