cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally TU passes 740 after 3 yrs post BK DC!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Finally TU passes 740 after 3 yrs post BK DC!

As most know. I started in the 500's after BK 2015. Everything was going up and up. EX/EQ passed 750 last year and then some. But TU wouldnt budge past 735. All of 2018 inq's fell off to 0, things got older, 2 new accounts reported, stayed at AZEO or 2 with the newest card from BB&T. Whopping 5 points earned the whole year in 2018. TU does have a lower oldest account by 9 yrs. I was at 4 of 8 accounts reporting or 50% for Nov/Dec. Missed a statement close date. No biggy. $30. So back to 3 of 8 accounts reported in Jan. Got the alert that my balance went down $30 and score change. Hit the app. Score finally passed the 740 mark to 741. Well its about time! Nice to see 3 green discs on the dashboard. Thought TU would never get off their you know what and start moving again like back in 2016-17. So rebuilders stay the course and it does get better! Timeline looks like I almost had to do CPR until now.

tu.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally TU passes 740 after 3 yrs post BK DC!

Congrats on the score increase, a great achievement indeed. You are right, it is nice to see all green across the board.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 11
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Fantabulous!!!CHEER.gif

Congrats!! All your hard work is paying off!

Good For YOU!

aaaaapartysmileysphotobucketkima.gif  

Message 3 of 11
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your great success!  Yes indeed, it is a great feeling.  I, too, started my rebuild in the low-500 range and know how great it is to see the improved scores!  

Again, congrats!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 11
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 6 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the hard work and passing 740! Always nice to see a fellow MyFICOer achieving their goals! Now onto 750? 800? Smiley Wink

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@xaximus wrote:

Congrats on the hard work and passing 740! Always nice to see a fellow MyFICOer achieving their goals! Now onto 750? 800? Smiley Wink

Thanks Xax and everyone else. It's still a great feeling of accomplishment from the day I walked out that BK Court in Orlando and thought. That was easy. Then it hits you. Now the hard part. REBUILD! Yeah time for 760's. Bring it on!

Message 8 of 11
Rogue46
Established Contributor

That's awesome! Congratulations! I started my rebuild about the same time and just crossed 700's ! Now I just have to let my accounts age and watch it grow!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey you keep up the good work,

I WAS WAITING FOR MINE AND IT JUST CAME OFF IN NOVEMBER, I COULDNT WAIT , I WAs in the 7s AND NOT A POINT DID it move . WHY?

I HAD A WRONG INQUIRY REMOVED AND IT JUMPED 40 POIINTS. GO FIGURE. I HAVE HIGH LIMITS ON CARDS AND LOW RATES BUT STILL. I THOUGHT EASY 75 POINT JUMP. ANY WAY KEEP IT UP MYFICO FRIEND. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

MAKO50

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.