Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally hit 800 score

tag
800scoreplease
New Contributor

Finally hit 800 score

I am happy to report I finally hit 800 on at least one report (802 on Equifax). It will be short lived because I paid my student loan off in December so I expect to lose points when It updates 😒

Equifax stats

thick clean file

AAA  9 years 7 months

length of credit 27yrs 1 month

oldest account 1994

newest account 8/2021

total cc limits $164k balance on only 1 card of $30,000 at 6.9% will be paid off by Dec aggregate utilization 19%, individual util 62%

one newly refinanced mortgage only 3% paid off so far

one student loan reporting $4800 balance paid in full though waiting for reports to update

No other debt

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Re: Finally hit 800 score

Congratulations on joining the 800+ club!

Message 2 of 9
JFox418
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 3 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and welcome to the club

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Niiiiice.  Achievement unlocked!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!  keep on truckin!

Message 6 of 9
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@800scoreplease wrote:

I am happy to report I finally hit 800 on at least one report (802 on Equifax). It will be short lived because I paid my student loan off in December so I expect to lose points when It updates 😒

Congratulations and welcome to the 800 Club! Smiley Very Happy

Don't worry about it being short-lived. I've found that once you've crossed that threshold, it becomes normal. Sure, you're going to see dips as various things happen, but as long as they're temporary, don't worry about it. For me, if I know I've just made a large purchase and then I see my score drop by 50 points, I don't sweat it at all; I know that as soon as I pay that card off (or down, as the case may be), my score will go back up.

You worked hard to get here. Just stay on the same path and you'll get to know 800+ really well! Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congratulations 

Message 8 of 9
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.