Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Out Real Soon if my AU or AU's are impacting my FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finding Out Real Soon if my AU or AU's are impacting my FICO

Question MF Family - Not asking about my math just my general thought process or logic

Added my mothers Citi Sears card with 22 years of history but 89% utilization Smiley Sad(I didn't know about the utilization until it was too late). It appeared it did impact my profile (positively due to almost doubling AAOA & AOOA) initially but I'm still questioning this because I had so much going on at the time. New accounts, installment loan, disputes, etc.. My overall utilization is currently at 76% according to the front end which is unreliable at best. On my 3B report it appears it didn't count this in my utilization. However, at the exacty time this AU showed up I achieved roughly 15 point gains accross the board. 

IF my new cards below report (not including the BB&T) my utilization should drop 2 thresholds I believe. Which should be around 30 points increased? Taking my overall utilization from 76% to 41.15%. 

I've got 3 cards that reported on the following dates:

11/21/18: Cap 1 - AU $8500 SL (25% UT)

11/20/18: NFCU Go Rewards - $1k SL

BB&T Spectrum in mail $3500 SL (This would further pad my SL's)

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finding Out Real Soon if my AU or AU's are impacting my FICO

Are you able to control the balance on your mother's card?  (I.e. will she pay it down if you ask her to?)

If so, the way to definitively show whether FICO 8 is counting the AU card as part of your score is as follows:

Create a stable profile: one that doesn't have a lot of stuff changing in it.

In particular make sure your CC balances are fairly low: your total utilization (your cards only) at under 28% and the AU card also at under 28%. 

Pull your three FICO scores.

Then pay off all your cards, leaving the AU card with a positive balance.

Then pull your scores again.

If your FICO 8 scores go down, it means that FICO 8 is not counting the AU card, thinks that all your cards are at zero, and therefore is imposing the "all cards at zero" penalty.

If the score goes up or stays about the same, it means the AU card is being counted.

Message 2 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Create a stable profile: one that doesn't have a lot of stuff changing in it.

Along with CreditGuy's good idea on how to handle this, I believe his comment about the stable profile is very important when attempting to do this.  Having a lot of moving parts is not helpful in figuring out exactly where you stand, let alone trying to single out or test something like your AU situation.  Once the dust settles from this recent activity, it should be easier to grasp how the AU is effecting your score.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to you both. If my score goes up I think it will be a promising sign. If not I’ll wait a month or so and check things out as you suggest. I have nothing going on for 12 months other than maybe an NFCU deal when I hit the 91 and 3.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CGD - No I cannot control my moms utilization - LOL But I understand why you would ask :-) 

Sorry somehow I missed that question

2 things happened last night. I refreshed CCT and I have paid subscription for Experian and MF (no updates yet as usual) 

1. AZEO finally came into play (I think) and reported $10 as I wanted. Equifax  increased 8 points. Experian  went up 31 points. Hasn't hit TU yet.

2. AU Capital One Journey card reported as well. This showed up ONLY on Experian  so far. As mentioned above 31 point increase. No doubt both AU's are having an impact on my FICO. AZEO must have contributed some as well as we know it changed my EQ  8 points. It appers despite my Mom's high UT her AAOA & AOOA is a bigger net positive for my profile. 

Once I receive alert from CK, WH or whoever I will use my $19 pull from Experian . I expect I exceed 700 EQ and very close TU once everything is report. Also Navy GR & BB&T will report any day dropping my AAOA but facilitating another UT threshold bump. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.