Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingers crossed Eyes Too:)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed Eyes Too:)

Good morning myfico.....I have a quick question with my rebuilding stage im hopeing  i finally cracked that 700 mark with this new update saturday june 26th from capital one tracker i no the score is fake and the other sutff is for educational use. Anyways after the update my utilization went from 63% to 4% yayyyyy and my balance went from $7500 to $38 super yayyyyyy my transunion score was pulled june 18th and my fico score was 688Smiley Happy so do youguys think with this 13pts capital one gave me that fair isaac gave me more points that pushed me over the 700 marc. credit.com does not update until july 5th i also just paid that balance down to zero it was $269 bucks so im gonna get point from them aswell. my utilization is zero now with my credit union visa should i leave it at zero or put a small balance on it the next payment is not due until july 10th 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fingers crossed Eyes Too:)

No idea, to my knowledge nobody has any interest in figuring out the Cap 1 tracker which I think is still TU New Accounts score that CK finally dumped in favor of VantageScore?

Generally speaking in terms of putting lipstick on the FICO pig, zero out all the revolving cards except one that you leave a small balance on.  Not all files have to go to such lengths but that's optimal or darned close to it for virtually everyone.

        
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Revelate thats what i plan to do pay off both cards and leave small balance  on onebefore the snapshot date. the tracker on capital one site is worthless. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

let's just put it this way - my scores in january were 560. here's what my utilization was:
CCU credit card - $450/$500
kay jewelers - $0/$3,400
chase - $1,490/$1,500
wells fargo - $2,950/$3,000
capital one - $260/$300
NFCU - $986/$1,000

paid all of that off in february, everything reported in march, and my credit score went up over 100 points in 4 months...

YMMV of course, but i imagine 10-15 points for you should do the trick..
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and i had a line of credit that was $1,980/$2,000
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

now i am at 660-690 and here's how my cards report:
CCU credit card - $0/$500
kay jewelers - $0/$3,400
chase - $0/$1,500 (use it a ton for ALL rotating categories)
wells fargo- $$0/$3,000
capital one - $0/$300 (just closed it, still reporting open)
NFCU - $0/$1,000
amex - $0/$2,000 (use for random stuff)
chase amazon - $0/$500
sallie mae - $230/$2,500 (use for all gas purchases)
amazon store - $0/$3,500
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

2011XTERROR you are the man thanks for the great example. to run those cards up close to maxed out i would have been in panic mode all threw jan.lol I always wondered how fico spreaded the points out between tu eq ex because on my scores from the 18th this month ex eq said i have potiental for +5 more points but would not show me what i needed to do to get those points. and TU said they could not find any reseaons to give me any points weird to me. but thanks again

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

they were like that for years lol. except the capital one and CCU. those sometimes were sometimes not.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.