cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post - losing oldest accounts soon. Questions about impact on scores and app implications.

tag
AC20
Valued Member

First post - losing oldest accounts soon. Questions about impact on scores and app implications.

Hello! I found this site a while ago now and have been spending way too much time reading reading reading. First, a huge thanks to everyone who has put so much time and effort into this over the years. You have truly created a very valuable resource and community.

Second, a bit about my situation. After facing some health issues over the years, I guess I am in a rebuild? Seems long lol. I have a few questions and an offer, but I figure I should lay out the data first... I have tons of data so let me know if I am leaving out the important parts. 

Current FICO 8 scores/stats as of 11/18:

EQ: 814, TU: 807, EX: 794

Inquiries in past 24 months:

EX: 11/16/19, 11/16/19, 12/23/19, 8/19/20 (So, 2 scorable, soon to be 1 scorable - 4 total)

TU: 12/03/18, 10/30/19, 11/16/19 (so, 0 scorable - 3 soon to be 2 total)

EQ: 1/25/20 (1 scorable, 1 total)

Everything went to heck around 2008 to 2011 and a lot of accounts closed, so I have already had my oldest acconts fall off and have taken those hits. On the other hand, all my baddies are also gone, so I believe I am "Clean, thick, new". I have a fair history of my scores since about Jan 2019, so I am including info on all accounts on my report from that time on in the following list in case anyone would like me to try to figure out how a particular change impacted scores. Hope that makes sense.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AC20
Valued Member

Re: First post - losing oldest accounts soon. Questions about impact on scores and app implications.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: First post - losing oldest accounts soon. Questions about impact on scores and app implications.

@AC20 wrote:

Hello! I found this site a while ago now and have been spending way too much time reading reading reading. First, a huge thanks to everyone who has put so much time and effort into this over the years. You have truly created a very valuable resource and community.

Second, a bit about my situation. After facing some health issues over the years, I guess I am in a rebuild? Seems long lol. I have a few questions and an offer, but I figure I should lay out the data first... I have tons of data so let me know if I am leaving out the important parts. 

Current FICO 8 scores/stats as of 11/18:

EQ: 814, TU: 794, EX: 807

Inquiries in past 24 months:

EX: 11/16/19, 11/16/19, 12/23/19, 8/19/20 (So, 2 scorable, soon to be 1 scorable - 4 total)

TU: 12/03/18, 10/30/19, 11/16/19 (so, 0 scorable - 3 soon to be 2 total)

EQ: 1/25/20 (1 scorable, 1 total)

Everything went to heck around 2008 to 2011 and a lot of accounts closed, so I have already had my oldest acconts fall off and have taken those hits. On the other hand, all my baddies are also gone, so I believe I am "Clean, thick, new". I have a fair history of my scores since about Jan 2019, so I am including info on all accounts on my report from that time on in the following list in case anyone would like me to try to figure out how a particular change impacted scores. Hope that makes sense.

What is your question? Maybe you're about to give us 'too much information'.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
AC20
Valued Member

LOL South Jamacia I think you are right. 

So - average age of accounts is curretnly just under 7 years. Oldest about 14 years. Oldest revolving varies by credit bureau. Youngest 3 months.

Questions:

1) Recently openend NFCU checking and savings. Woud like to open a CC with them. Also thinking about Care card for upcoming medical. Should I hold off on those?

2) How bad a hit might my scores take when a bunch of my older accoutns fall off? I think in a year my AAOA will be about 5 years instead of 7 IF i open no accountns, but AoOA and AoORA will take hits.

3) If there is any interest in getting data on this type of situation, let me know what I might contribute. Hope that all makes sense.

Any suggestios at all always welcome.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.