cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five different scores-please help me make sense of them?

tag
StihlBilly
Contributor

Five different scores-please help me make sense of them?

Just for the heck of it I pulled scores from the following:

Credit Karma - TU 652; EX 651

Credit Wise (Through Capital One account) - TU 652

FICO 9 (Through PNC account) - 720

FICO 8 (Through Citibank account) - 737

I had a CH7 BK filed in November of 2012 so that will be falling off of the report at the end of this year.  Since the BK I've been steadily building credit, 100% on time payment history-I have five open accounts for a total credit limit of $67,400.  Utilization is currently at about 32%  My plan for later in the year once the BK is gone is to consolidate all of the credit card debt into a personal loan with a local credit union and obviously want my score to be as high as possible.  However, its hard to know what they'll be looking at given the variety of scores.  I'd appreciate it if someone could help me make sense of it.  

Lowes $17K - Capital One Quicksilver Rewards $10K

TU - 704 / EQ - 716
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Credit Karma Re: Five different scores-please help me make sense of them?

Credit Karma and Capital One CreditWise use Vantage 3.0 scores. Not sure what PNC uses, but Citibank is a bankcard score, not sure which version. As for your future personal loan application, whatever lender you plan on applying with, you should call in advance and ask what bureau and model they use. All lenders are different. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Five different scores-please help me make sense of them?

@StihlBilly wrote:

Just for the heck of it I pulled scores from the following:

Credit Karma - TU 652; EX 651

Credit Wise (Through Capital One account) - TU 652

FICO 9 (Through PNC account) - 720

FICO 8 (Through Citibank account) - 737

I had a CH7 BK filed in November of 2012 so that will be falling off of the report at the end of this year.  Since the BK I've been steadily building credit, 100% on time payment history-I have five open accounts for a total credit limit of $67,400.  Utilization is currently at about 32%  My plan for later in the year once the BK is gone is to consolidate all of the credit card debt into a personal loan with a local credit union and obviously want my score to be as high as possible.  However, its hard to know what they'll be looking at given the variety of scores.  I'd appreciate it if someone could help me make sense of it.  

The CK and CW scores are Vantage 3.0 scores, and therefore meaningless for our purposes since they won't be considered.

The Citibank score is an EQ FICO Bankcard 8 score.

I don't know which bureau or scoring model PNC uses for its FICO 9 score.

Both of those FICO scores are possibles.  But credit unions are all over the place as to which credit bureau and which scoring model they would pull for unsecured credit. Could be anything from FICO 2 to FICO 9, could be classic model or industry model, could be any of the 3 bureaus, and could even involve multiple pulls (I once applied for, and got turned down for, a credit card with Andrews FCU, and was triple pulled).

You would need to find out from the credit union, but frequently the CSR's do not know,  or think they know and then give you incorrect information.

If you tell us which credit union you plan to use, there might be someone here who can give you the straight dope on what that credit union would pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.