cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From 1 to 0 inquiries on a clean/young/thin file

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: From 1 to 0 inquiries on a clean/young/thin file

@CassieCard wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Heavy Use might actually be a dollar value instead.

Strange that, now that I think of it that must've counted under EX FICO 2 too for my 43.5K CSR.  I have a high TCL though, 208.7K to be precise and going from 1.1k to <400 doesn't seem relevant percentage wise TBH.

Here's something interesting....

EX 2 went up +3pts from 724 to 727 after my first card reported this month (Jan 4 EX report) with a change in individual balance from $180 to $0. Going from 2/2 with a balance to 1/2 with a balance , 8% aggregate to 6% aggregate, $816 to $636 total balance. No change in score factors and 'High Revolving Balances' was at #3.

Now on the Jan5 report, EX 2 goes up another +7pts from 727 to 734. The second card reported a new lower balance of $539 (from $636) which is a change in individual utilization from 8% to 6%, aggregate 6% to 5%, 1 of 2 with a balance.

"High Revolving Balances' disappeared! 'Too many accounts with balances' moved up to #3 and 'No recent loan activity' moved into #4.

It's either the 5% aggregate triggering that or a total revolving balance between $636 and $539.

Interesting.

I'll start playing with it come February and see if I can help pin it down.  I personally don't remember seeing anything between $0 < n < 9% aggregate, but doesn't mean it's not there.

We've seen people report over time movement in the lower utilization numbers but it's possible it might be some small dollar value frankly, though good grief something around ~600 doesn't sound like a serious debt obligation TBH.

        
Message 31 of 37
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CassieCard wrote:

Now on the Jan5 report, EX 2 goes up another +7pts from 727 to 734. The second card reported a new lower balance of $539 (from $636) which is a change in individual utilization from 8% to 6%, aggregate 6% to 5%, 1 of 2 with a balance.

"High Revolving Balances' disappeared! 'Too many accounts with balances' moved up to #3 and 'No recent loan activity' moved into #4.

It's either the 5% aggregate triggering that or a total revolving balance between $636 and $539.

Interesting.

I'll start playing with it come February and see if I can help pin it down.  I personally don't remember seeing anything between $0 < n < 9% aggregate, but doesn't mean it's not there.

We've seen people report over time movement in the lower utilization numbers but it's possible it might be some small dollar value frankly, though good grief something around ~600 doesn't sound like a serious debt obligation TBH.

I really thought it was going to happen below $500, like that FICO Estimator suggests with the multiple choice answers to the question about balances (Less than $500, $500 to $999, etc.)

So I thought I'd let $539 report this month and then $450 in February. I wasn't expecting a change in 'High Revolving Balances'.

Message 32 of 37
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wonder if it varies based on thin/thick or age. Weird indeed.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated March 2020.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AoYR-Age of Youngest Revolver (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new accounts, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just list whether you have any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AoYR and whether you have a loan on record.
For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment. please.
Message 33 of 37
Established Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

'High revolving balances' disappeared from EX 2 with those changes, but not from EQ 5 or TU 4. It did move down one spot on EQ 5.

So there's another balance amount threshold to be discovered!

Also, there's a discrepancy in the EX 2 score factors between Experian and myFICO: 'Too many accounts with balances' and 'No recent loan activity' are transposed on the myFICO 3B report, as shown below:

Previous Report

12/24/2019

• AoOA: 2 yr 0 mo
  • AAoA: 1 yr 4 mo
  • AoYA: 1 yr 0 mo
  • Mastercard: 9%
  • Visa: 8%
  • Aggregate Utilization: 8%
  • Accounts with Balances: 2
  • No scorable inquiries at all 3 CRAs

Current Report

01/10/20

What changed?

• AoOA: 2 yr 1 mo
  • AAoA: 1 yr 5 mo
  • AoYA: 1 yr 1 mo
  • Mastercard: 0%
  • Visa: 6%
  • Aggregate Utilization: 5%
  • Accounts with Balances: 1

12/24

Δ

01/10

FICO 5

EQ 5

+1

[Change]

Short credit history, Short revolving history, High revolving balances, Heavy use of revolving credit

Short credit history, High revolving balances, Short revolving history, Heavy use of revolving credit

FICO 4

TU 4

+6

Short credit history, No recent loan activity, Recently opened new credit account, High revolving balances

FICO 2

EX 2

+10

[Change]

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, No recent loan activity, Too many accounts with balances

Short credit history, Short revolving credit history, High revolving balances, Too many accounts with balances

Message 34 of 37
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

On the same day transposed? Very weird! MF always delayed somehow.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AoYR-Age of Youngest Revolver (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just list whether you have any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AoYR and whether you have a loan on record.
For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment. please.
Message 35 of 37
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
On the same day transposed? Very weird! MF always delayed somehow.

The report data is the same and the cards closed on the 2nd and 3rd. myFICO alerts showed a balance update for both cards at all 3 CRAs by the 8th - 2 alerts each for EQ, TU, and EX.

At Experian, the report date in the drop-down box says January 10, 2020, but shows '1/09/2020' under the FICO 2 score (see below). It hasn't changed from January 5th anyway.

Do I trust Experian or myFICO?

Experian report.Experian report.

And this is from myFICO

myFICO 3B report.myFICO 3B report.

Message 36 of 37
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Noticed several bugs with the MF interface from time to time, but this is worrisome indeed.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.