cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Credit Bureaus. Not updating. Equifax is super annoying.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrating Credit Bureaus. Not updating. Equifax is super annoying.

Equifax seems to be very slow updating. I have 3 things to dispute, they won't let me log in. Keeps saying "Fax dispute and license" basically I'm locked out. I called them, and emailed Myfico about the issue. Not much help.  I pay for the Myfico triple B monthly. This morning I got an alert "You have a new inquiry" I pull it up and it says 23 point increase on Experian from the inquiry. If only an inquiry would actually increase my score by 23 points hahaha. They need to be more descriptive. Clearly the 23 points did not come from the inquiry. Where is it from? Also, Equifax hasn't updated since 12/27 and I've had 3 changes. Just sucks to pay a lot of money monthly, and not get what I should in return. I really wanted to know what the increase is from, especially since it didn't occur on the other bureaus. I'm happy about the increase, wondering if the other bureaus are going to see the same thing.

Anybody know how to bypass the Equifax page about faxing the dispute? I called them. They said because I'm not paying for a Credit report, I can't dispute. I told them I am paying for a credit report on Myfico. They said Myfico isn't an authorized company for paying for the reports, therefore I'm locked. Stupid. 

My morning rant is over! lol

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Re: Frustrating Credit Bureaus. Not updating. Equifax is super annoying.

@Anonymous wrote:

Equifax seems to be very slow updating. I have 3 things to dispute, they won't let me log in. Keeps saying "Fax dispute and license" basically I'm locked out. I called them, and emailed Myfico about the issue. Not much help.  I pay for the Myfico triple B monthly. This morning I got an alert "You have a new inquiry" I pull it up and it says 23 point increase on Experian from the inquiry. If only an inquiry would actually increase my score by 23 points hahaha. They need to be more descriptive. Clearly the 23 points did not come from the inquiry. Where is it from? Also, Equifax hasn't updated since 12/27 and I've had 3 changes. Just sucks to pay a lot of money monthly, and not get what I should in return. I really wanted to know what the increase is from, especially since it didn't occur on the other bureaus. I'm happy about the increase, wondering if the other bureaus are going to see the same thing.

Anybody know how to bypass the Equifax page about faxing the dispute? I called them. They said because I'm not paying for a Credit report, I can't dispute. I told them I am paying for a credit report on Myfico. They said Myfico isn't an authorized company for paying for the reports, therefore I'm locked. Stupid. 

My morning rant is over! lol

The fact that they said this just means you needed to hang up and call back.

I'm currently locked out of 2/3 bureaus.  It just happens.  They play by their own rules with OUR information.  Nothing is going to change that, sadly.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax took it upon themselves to add a fraud alert to my file after i went on an application spree. I called them and they basically wanted me to fax them a photo copy of my ID with social security number and utility bill. I told them i wasnt going to do it and then i reported them to the CFPB. The illegal fraud alert was removed instantly after the government sent my complaint. Equifax breaks the law too often.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem, disputed some invalid stuff, got it removed, then applied for 2 accounts, fraud alert went on, now any creditor that pulls EQ results in an instant denial, calls, verification letters...simply too much..never asked for the fraud alert and can't figure out why they would do it, based off me applying for credit, I could see if the information from the creditor inquiry didn't match whats in my credit file already.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me , i have a fraud flag when i look at my 1b reports i have ordered off myFico.  I needed to see what updates were happening during the 3 months one has to wait with the 3b product. 

I have disputed things and wonder if that is what propmpts the fraud flag?

ive called the Bureaus themselves and they say there is nonfraud alert

i call myFico and they say they cant place a fraud alert

wth??

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read in order to bypass the EQ page that comes up, you have to add your 10 digit confirmation number from your free credit report along with the other basic information being requested. That seems like the only way. I've also read you can get in by using a 10 digit confirmation # from a previous dispute. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.