Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring Primer, pub.5.17.20

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

@AllZero wrote:

2. AAoA - Average Age of Accounts is a scoring factor

- Thresholds are typically found at year points, but not all.
- 3-10 points annual increase
- Maximum AAoA for scoring is believed to occur at 7Y 8M

@Anonymous  IIRC There is a AAoA threshold at 2 years (24 months). Can you include that?

Re: AAoA Threshold For an Increase (ABCD mentioning 5-10pts @ 2yrs 0mo): https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AAoA-Threshold-For-an-Increase/m-p/4976135/highlight/true#M126120

Thin/Young file report on all 28 FICO scores at AAoA 1yr (tightly controlled, same balances reporting 11mo to 1yr, minimal movement, EX9's +8 to +10, this one is mine): https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-All-At-Just-Under-8-99-Utilization-experiment/m-p/5706923/highlight/true#M159540

Message 21 of 509
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I would take certain data points with a grain of salt, especially when steaming from FB group dealing with credit improvements. 

Just because someone said it, it doesnt make it so unless result can be reproduced. 

I crossed two years with no new accounts, nothing happened. Gained at 2.5. Lost some after opening new account, gained points back next month (crossing 2.5 again). 

I'd have to open about 15 accounts to test it again, so obviously not happening. 

That's all. 

Message 22 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

I would take certain data points with a grain of salt, especially when steaming from FB group dealing with credit improvements. 

Just because someone said it, it doesnt make it so unless result can be reproduced. 

I crossed two years with no new accounts, nothing happened. Gained at 2.5. Lost some after opening new account, gained points back next month (crossing 2.5 again). 

I'd have to open about 15 accounts to test it again, so obviously not happening. 

That's all. 

I'm not so sure about that AAoA 2yr, either - in the same thread someone mentions not seeing anything. I won't have personal data on this until March 2021. Maybe it exists on the low history scorecards <5yrs or something.

@Revelate  had this to say: "...I will try to track when my own most recent accounts go over a year while on a pretty scorecard (EX/EQ) as there's arguably still too many things to complain about on my TU....For datapoint purposes I gained 4 points for going to AAOA of 2 years..."

I think that's on TU, and the interesting thing to me is that I gained +4 on TU 8 at AAoA 1yr - might be a TU only thing.

Message 23 of 509
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I am 100% confident of AAOA of 2 years being a breakpoint on EQ FICO 5.

I went above it, spreed below it, and then went back above for identical score changes each time in a dirty scorecard where new accounts aren't a thing.  I don't think it is possible to have gotten a better datapoint than that honestly.  I got zilch at 3 years with the same test methodology and 4 years I didn't find one but might have gotten lost.

We didn't have quality access to FICO 8 at the time and to be fair it might have changed, but I am severely skeptical of off year datapoints for AAOA since we are seeing so much new aging data on things like AOYRA and the reason code for that is on reports for years, especially as the only other concrete AAOA one I found was 5 years on FICO 8.

Dirty files are frankly better for AAOA testing as they don't have the individual / new accounts reason codes at all... too much noise on clean files sadly I was flat for years in the derogatory scorecards which made it much easier to isolate discrete events.

Huh just realized I could isolate accounts vs revolving accounts with balances as soon as my new mortgage reports for EX FICO 2.  Doesn't help with FICO 8 but I am pretty confident it is just revolvers there anyway my data was too consistent over time there though I should go test it on my most excellent scorecard now.

        
Message 24 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

I went above it, spreed below it, and then went back above for identical score changes each time in a dirty scorecard where new accounts aren't a thing.  I don't think it is possible to have gotten a better datapoint than that honestly.

Oh I believe that completely. I'm just not very sure of the FICO 8 changes, and it was a good reminder from Remedios to do more verification of it.

Message 25 of 509
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I went above it, spreed below it, and then went back above for identical score changes each time in a dirty scorecard where new accounts aren't a thing.  I don't think it is possible to have gotten a better datapoint than that honestly.

Oh I believe that completely. I'm just not very sure of the FICO 8 changes, and it was a good reminder from Remedios to do more verification of it.

Yeah I just don't know how to really isolate new accounts from AAOA changes without an absurdly stable file.  I don't know I really can't conceivably open up many more accounts that have any plausible use so maybe I will get isolated enough for 6 / 7 / 8 but by that last point I would expect to be 850 anyway.

        
Message 26 of 509
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Awesome!  Thanks @Anonymous  and @Anonymous ! Exceptional team players!

Team Player.png

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 27 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know what the breakpoints are for total debt? Is there one at 5k? 10k?

Message 28 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is still open for debate and data points. I've seen a few points lost crossing the $1000 threshold, and Trudy has seen a few gained crossing just below $2000. Too early to say and not enough testing so far.

Message 29 of 509
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never seen any proof that there is one, at any level.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 30 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.