Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring Primer, pub.5.17.20

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

@Anonymous Yeah, as for raw dollar metrics, that's why the Primer says under study, we really don't know yet, we are just beginning to learn more about it, relatively. If we knew, it would be included already.

@AllZero Thank you for commenting. I revised the language to indicate there are unconfirmed reports of the 2 and 2.5 year thresholds. So, the info is there without being stated as fact, since its in dispute and needs confirmation testing.

@Revelate Did you say isolate accounts from revolvers? That would be awesome data. I also believe it's revolving, but would be great to know for sure.

Next, IDK how you could isolate new accounts from AAOA on a clean scorecard; seems impossible, unless you could cross the line without incurring reassignment (meaning already having a revolver under 12 months).

@Trudy Thank you for the kind words!
Message 31 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous: I see that you got the TOC ok, so I'm deleting it from this post.

Message 32 of 509
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  I'll be doing my own testing when my AAoA reaches 2 years next month. I plan to apply for new accounts in the following month(s) which should take me under, then wait for it to go back over that threshold again. I'll keep you updated.

Message 33 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZeroThat would be awesome, please keep me updated! Thanks!

@AnonymousYep, thanks to you I got it Cassie! Can't thank you enough!!

Message 34 of 509
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous. You mentioned scorecard assignment. Can you include known thresholds? For thick,thin, aged, etc.

Message 35 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous. You mentioned scorecard assignment. Can you include known thresholds? For thick,thin, aged, etc.

@AllZero it's already there. See the quick reference chart at top which has the information. Or for detailed information, see sections A1, C1, D1 and E1.

The only one we know for sure is AOYRA. 12 months. There is debate as to the threshold for aged (most think between 10 and 15 years, but some have theorized much lower) and it is believed if you have 5 or 6 accounts it makes you thick. A 60 day late makes you dirty. It is unknown to me whether a certain number of 30 day lates will make you dirty.

Message 36 of 509
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Thank you. I completely missed it. 😝
Message 37 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem at all, there is a lot there to absorb and I edited my last post to include the information as well.

It will probably take a couple readings to digest a lot of it. I tried to break it down to make it easier to understand by examining each of the five ingredient categories individually and sequentially.

Definitely open to corrections, comments, edits, or requests.
Message 38 of 509
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

I know I haven't been here long, but this thread is now officially my favorite. There is so much win in the research and datapoints in one spot. Amazing job. Wow! 

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 39 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheKid2 Thank you! I am actually updating it now based on some info I just learned researching your situation. Occasionally you should probably scroll thru the first 8 posts and see if there is a recent update made and if so, read it again.

I'm far from flawless and am trying my best to correct any errors and add additional info.

Message 40 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.