tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, rev.7.25.20

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous, @Anonymous , @SouthJamaica 

Impressive Work

You must have too much time your hands.   Smiley LOL

@Kforce Thank you for the kind words! I created it, with @Anonymous assisting me with graphics, attribution, and all kinds of stuff and also, most importantly, it was created from all the wonderful knowledge and DPs from the Community. (and some of my own testing.)

@SouthJamaica and many other members are cited and contributed to the knowledge base by creating and responding to threads. We are grateful for him and all members, cited and uncited, that have contributed to the Community's knowledge base.

There are a lot of concepts that I don't have citations for, unfortunately. If a member is responsible for discovering it, I'll be glad to add attribution, if they will notify me and give me the thread. 

Message 91 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, rev.5.17.20

@Anonymous: This might be the one.

scorecard_flowchart.png

Message 92 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

@Anonymous wrote:

Notes:

A very special thanks to @Anonymous for assisting with technical issues, research, attribution, adding great links and information, the presentation of this thread, encouragement and much more. Would not have been anywhere near as nice, comprehensive, and robust without her help. Thank you! And thank you for your continued help in keeping this updated and a wonderful resource for all members. 

And a very special thanks to @Anonymous for making me use more of my Adobe Creative Cloud full subscription. I was getting rusty with the keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator.

Message 93 of 509
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous  That flowchart is incredibly helpful to visualize the scorecards. Thanks for doing that.

It seems that the #1 would be the "highest" segmentation in each, for instance the top Clean card would be Thick/Aged/No New Account and the top Dirty scorecard would be No PR/Mature Deliq.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 94 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheKid2 wrote:

@Anonymous  That flowchart is incredibly helpful to visualize the scorecards. Thanks for doing that.

It seems that the #1 would be the "highest" segmentation in each, for instance the top Clean card would be Thick/Aged/No New Account and the top Dirty scorecard would be No PR/Mature Deliq.

You're welcome! @Anonymous really made it happen, by researching what FICO has published about scorecards.

Message 95 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could’ve never in my dreams have created that flow chart without @Anonymous . I simply gave the data and direction, she is responsible for making it happen, and Cassie I told you how helpful it would be! And if one person says that, who knows how many people are thinking it!
Message 96 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yes @TheKid2 you're correct about the numbering. 

As a matter of fact, the reason that I know the flow of the segmentation is also due to Cassie, due to a recording from Tom Quinn that she referred me to. Otherwise I would've had the order out of order, lol. 

Message 97 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous  and @Anonymous

this thread is super informative. I really love the graphics and detailed explanations. 

In my case, I'm in a D1 with about 15 months left to go before they age off. Based on my reading here, it appears one can go from D1 to C1, right? Apologies if it's been brought up upthread somewhere but I'm still working my way through this primer and other threads.

Another area, I've thought to attack install utilization. They're all student loans at 90%+, but after reading this, it doesn't seem to make sense to try and bring down unless i get it to 69%. I've also read about other MF's who have high student loan and >800 scores so it's really a low priority unless, I need to for a mortgage. 

Message 98 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case, I'm in a D1 with about 15 months left to go before they age off. Based on my reading here, it appears one can go from D1 to C1, right?

@Anonymous:  Yes, because your profile data will be re-evaluated without regard to any previous state.

15 months isn't that bad!  I also wonder if you might see some points come back as the months go by, since there are reason codes related to that on EQ/TU/EX 8.

Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown

Time track

Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short

Time track

Message 99 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

15 months isn't bad at all! I just want to make sure I line my cards / inquiries up now to be prepared. I've tried to get cards i wouldn't mind keeping or are eligible for product change. 

i know the simulators aren't too accurate, but for some reason i keep seeing a 70 point increase in my TU at 6months. I have no idea why. One thought is one of my 90day student loan (reported on 8 accounts) should fall off in December 2020 so maybe their expecting an increase the month after. EQ and EX have a 5 point bump. I'm definitely interested in seeing how that pans out. I'll probably apply for a card before then so the projection results may be skewed.  

Message 100 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.