Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring Primer, pub.5.17.20

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

Just confirming it reported as $0 after all.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 151 of 509
ccquest
Established Contributor

Can't confirm what point changes were in between except what we went over on EX before, but here is the update of where my 3B FICO 8 scores are at:

EX: 818 -> 794
First score was with my one revolver showing 3% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to  2/6, 4/24
EQ: 803 -> 769
First score had revolver at 0% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to 2/6, 4/24
TU: 807 -> 782
First score had revolver at 0% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to 0/6, 1/24 (one was set to fall off 8/22, the other 8/29)

Currently (not including closed accounts here), all have 4 of 5 revolvers reporting (PenFed card at 0% - $72/$10000; AMEX has not reported yet), the new private student loan (64k/64.5k  -  the old one was at 79.8% of balance), old federal student loan (63.3k/54k), old car loan (11.6k/28k) and associated inquiries.

Funnily enough, for my "score profile" (not sure if these come from EX evaluating them or if it comes from each bureau with the score/report) I have the following listed for each:

EX:

+ No Missed Payments

+ Low Revolving Credit Usage

+ Recent Credit Card Usage

+ No Collection Or Public Record

- Short Account History

EQ:

+ No Missed Payments

+ Not Seeking Credit

- Short Account History

TU:

+ No Missed Payments

+ Long Credit History

- Short Revolving History

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 152 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest wrote:

Can't confirm what point changes were in between except what we went over on EX before, but here is the update of where my 3B FICO 8 scores are at:

EX: 818 -> 794
First score was with my one revolver showing 3% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to  2/6, 4/24
EQ: 803 -> 769
First score had revolver at 0% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to 2/6, 4/24
TU: 807 -> 782
First score had revolver at 0% util. Inquiries went from 0/6, 2/24 to 0/6, 1/24 (one was set to fall off 8/22, the other 8/29)

Currently (not including closed accounts here), all have 4 of 5 revolvers reporting (PenFed card at 0% - $72/$10000; AMEX has not reported yet), the new private student loan (64k/64.5k  -  the old one was at 79.8% of balance), old federal student loan (63.3k/54k), old car loan (11.6k/28k) and associated inquiries.

Funnily enough, for my "score profile" (not sure if these come from EX evaluating them or if it comes from each bureau with the score/report) I have the following listed for each:

EX:

+ No Missed Payments

+ No Collection Or Public Record

- Short Account History

EQ:

+ No Missed Payments

+ Not Seeking Credit

- Short Account History

TU:

+ No Missed Payments

+ Long Credit History

- Short Revolving History

@ccquest Thanks for the DPs, but please give us the difference in inquiries before and after in a 12 month timeframe, as they become unscorable at 365 days. 

So AmEx is still reported at 0? Wouldn't that be 3/5? 

As for the reason codes, the positive ones are meaningless; The negative ones are generated by the algorithm with the score.

Message 153 of 509
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ccquest Thanks for the DPs, but please give us the difference in inquiries before and after in a 12 month timeframe, as they become unscorable at 365 days. 

So AmEx is still reported at 0? Wouldn't that be 3/5? 

The first 2 for each bureau are all August 2018, the new ones are all June or July 2020 so 12 or 6 months is the same.

AMEX doesn't show at all yet (other than the EX inquiry), the revolvers reporting are: BoA, WF, PenFed, and US Bank. AMEX will be early next month, but that's beyond my Experian subscription and I won't get scores then.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 154 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha!
Message 155 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a blank table form that can be used by anyone to post score details.

[EDIT: I made a few more table formats in this post.]

Instructions to save this as a Macro are below the table.

AU8

BC8

MTG

AUT

BKC

AU9

BC9

EQ

TU

EX

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

AGGREGATE % 

AGGREGATE $ 

TOTAL LIMIT 

A Macro is just some saved text or HTML code that can be inserted into a new post.

This table can be saved as a Macro here on the forum by going into My Settings: click your avatar at the top of the page and select My settings from the drop-down.

Now select MACROS:

macro_settings.png

Type a name for your macro. Whatever you type into a 'Macro title' field is what will show in a drop-down list when you create a new post, like this:

macros_dropdown.png

Copy the code below (in gray box) into the Macro 1 field:

• Double-click in the gray box with the left mouse button to highlight all the code
  • OR:  Put cursor in the box before the <table> tag, type SHIFT-END to select everything
  • CTRL-C to copy
  • CTRL-V to paste into the Macro 1 box.
<table border="4"><tbody><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center">&nbsp;</p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;8&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">MTG</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AUT</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BKC</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;9&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU9</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC9</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;3&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#FF0000">EQ</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0080FF">TU</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">EX</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td></tr></tbody></table><table border="2"><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoOA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AAoA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoYA</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoORA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AAoRA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoYRA</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;AGGREGATE %&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;AGGREGATE $&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;TOTAL LIMIT&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr></table>

Now when you reply or start a new topic, you can select your saved Macro to automatically insert the table. Then you can fill in as many details as necessary.

Message 156 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous that's awesome! Thank you for the wonderful contribution to the community!

since I'm posting anyway I haven't had time to update but I'm down to zero inquiries on TransUnion one on Experian and two on Equifax. EX8 is 797 the rest over 800. 

Two inquiries became unscoreable on TransUnion and Equifax. I got 3 points when the second one became unscoreable at TU and I got 6 points when the second one became  unscoreable at EQ.

sorry I edited this a couple times. 

Message 157 of 509
SB_F
Contributor

@Anonymous  what kind of DPs are you looking for? I had creditchecktotal.com for 7 day trial and have Aug 16-24 history almost daily (incl some w/ other EX scores). During that time on EX, I had a disputed HP go off (fraud SBA application), BK13 go off about 3 mo early followed by CU LOC that was IIB but incorrectly switched to CO. I disputed and it disappeared too. Three total increases, one after each event. Score had been stuck at 697 for months. Now totally clean, thin but aged pretty well. Not sure how real EX daily score changes are. Hoping to confirm w/ new month. If any of that would be beneficial, let me know. The knowledge I have gained on here has been great.

BK13 filed 11/2013 discharged 6/2019
Oct 2019 EQ 672 TU 643 EX 663
Julu 2021 EQ 840 TU 828 EX 819
Message 158 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SB_F wrote:

@Anonymous  what kind of DPs are you looking for? I had creditchecktotal.com for 7 day trial and have Aug 16-24 history almost daily (incl some w/ other EX scores). During that time on EX, I had a disputed HP go off (fraud SBA application), BK13 go off about 3 mo early followed by CU LOC that was IIB but incorrectly switched to CO. I disputed and it disappeared too. Three total increases, one after each event. Score had been stuck at 697 for months. Now totally clean, thin but aged pretty well. Not sure how real EX daily score changes are. Hoping to confirm w/ new month. If any of that would be beneficial, let me know. The knowledge I have gained on here has been great.

@SB_F yes sir we're always grateful for any data points that we can get to try to help understand more for the community, please give me whatever you've got. I would be grateful. EX in my experience is the most quickly updated bureau, but I've heard other people say other things. I think for most people the experience is similar to mine, but there are still delays at times even there. 

@SB_F edit like for instance give us all your profile stats all your aging stats whether you're clean or detail dirties, your number of loans open and closed, your number of revolvers open and closed, all your ages, and then give me a list of each point change and their corresponding event if you are able to determine it or whatever you do know. 

Utilization changes. And loan B/L.

Message 159 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are a few EX Only tables that can be saved into personal forum Macros. (Refer to this post for how to save this to your myFICO settings.):

EX credit monitoring service only with full aging/util data. (Can name this macro EX CMS Full Data, for example.)

<table border="4"><tbody><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center">&nbsp;</p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;8&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;2&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU2</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC2</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;3&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">INQ</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">EX</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td></tr></tbody></table><table border="2"><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoOA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AAoA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoYA</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoORA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AAoRA</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AoYRA</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;AGGREGATE %&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;AGGREGATE $&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;TOTAL LIMIT&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#000000">&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td></tr></table>

AU8

BC8

AU2

BC2

INQ

EX

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

AGGREGATE % 

AGGREGATE $ 

TOTAL LIMIT 

EX CMS scores only table: (Can name this macro EX CMS Scores Only)

<table border="4"><tbody><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center">&nbsp;</p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;8&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC8</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;2&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">AU2</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">BC2</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">&nbsp;3&nbsp;</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">INQ</font></strong></p></td></tr><tr><td><p class="lia-align-center"><strong><font color="#0000FF">EX</font></strong></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td><td><p class="lia-align-center"><font color="#000000"><strong>&nbsp;</strong></font></p></td></tr></tbody></table>

AU8

BC8

AU2

BC2

INQ

EX

Message 160 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.