Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Scoring Primer, pub.5.17.20

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

Thank you for putting in time and effort. 

I'm quite amazed at treasure trove of DPs we got from @Anonymous  in regard to new credit profiles being "born", growing, maturing. 

Its something we typically dont see, because who else gets involved in scoring before their first account reported (Which is why I adopted her, but she doesnt know that yet. Sorry you found out this way, Cassie). 

Message 11 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate Thanks for chiming in brother. Yes, actually I have a table of contents/index, I just haven't posted it yet. It will be a little easier to see the format and flow then.

Point well taken about the table I will move it up. I don't envy you on that ISO thing, gotta dot all your i's and cross all your t's!

I'll go back and try to define the acronyms and mention the acronym post Cassie graciously found and posted for the community. 

I'll have to look at the helpful threads post, but that's why I reserved the placeholder posts, so I could expand it because we're going to add information already, I know. 

The format was to go one by one through the five ingredients and examine each of the associated metrics for each sequentially. So the metrics and the derogatories both gotta be explained in their respective sections unless I restructure the entire thing, but a separate remediation section afterwards is be a great idea. Any help would be appreciated. 😉

Yes I explained and qualified it as clean segmentation, but I did not yet speak of dirty segmentation. I had thought about that and wanted to add another sentence or two to explain that, actually. Good minds think alike! From the literature, I see severity and recency. Any additional information on that would be great!

Yes I did mention a 30 day late remains in a clean card. But are you saying I'm incorrect that a certain number of 30 day lates will not banish you to a dirty card? Is my statement incorrect? If so please advise, so I can remove it. 

Thank you very much for your time in reviewing this and offering your comments and insight. The community is grateful.

And I look forward to any constructive criticism from any member. If anyone sees any inaccuracies please let me know.

Message 12 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios Thank you for the comment and it's my pleasure to help the community. I've learned so much from everyone here and am grateful to all those members who've contributed to my knowledge, so it's only appropriate that I give back to the community.

Yes I'm hoping I can get Cassie to write a little something for those new to credit, a little advice section for that. She's already been so incredibly helpful, I wouldn't have been able to do this without her. 😊

See were all becoming family here. 😉

Message 13 of 509
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Excellent thread, should be made a sticky.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Thank you for putting in time and effort. 

I'm quite amazed at treasure trove of DPs we got from @Anonymous  in regard to new credit profiles being "born", growing, maturing. 

Its something we typically dont see, because who else gets involved in scoring before their first account reported (Which is why I adopted her, but she doesnt know that yet. Sorry you found out this way, Cassie). 

Is wonderful news! I now have opportunity to showcase new ability to improperly use 'a' and 'the'!

Message 15 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol you're mad man!

Awesome work compiling all of that. I would have gotten a lot of 😴 time in if I had to type all of that! 🤯 

Message 16 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousYou already know me too well. That’s what took so long was the lack of sleep! You and Cassie both knew it! LOL! And I couldn't of done it without Cassie, she offered a lot of assistance and I'm grateful.

Hope you enjoy and if you’ve got any input I’m all ears.

Message 17 of 509
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the kind words @BmoreBull !
Message 18 of 509
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the kind words @BmoreBull !
No, thank you for the hard work and time that you and everyone involved, put into this. My only wish is that I had all of this info years ago.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 19 of 509
AllZero
Mega Contributor

2. AAoA - Average Age of Accounts is a scoring factor

- Thresholds are typically found at year points, but not all.
- 3-10 points annual increase
- Maximum AAoA for scoring is believed to occur at 7Y 8M

@Anonymous  IIRC There is a AAoA threshold at 2 years (24 months). Can you include that?

Message 20 of 509
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.