Did you mean: 

General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread, pub.5.17.20

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: General Scoring Primer and Version 8 Master Thread rev.5.17.20

As posted in post 1, see the following which supports my theory:

09A96099-9E67-4D42-9344-982E6EF1CD62.png

credit:CassieCard 

-Our Community’s updated scoring wisdom: Link to Scoring Primer.
-For Negative Reason Codes see: CassieCard’s Score Factors thread.
-ccquest’s workbook to calculate metrics for you: Link to Workbook.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 261 of 277
Highlighted
Established Contributor

So the 89% installment utilization thing being a point threshold has me wondering something.

Could I theoretically manipulate mine by doing a SSL and paying it down? Looking at my numbers, if I opened a $5400 one and paid it down to $100 right away, it would drop my overall IL utilization to 89.91%. That should net me ~15 points I'd guess.

Or am I missing some kind of big part of it?

Just theoretical. In 5 months the utilization would organically fall below 89% anyway, but it does seem like a way that could get an easy score boost for people with new loans at high balance % which means it has more benefit than *just* early credit building.
as of 11/20/20
Current Cards:
Message 262 of 277
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@ccquest wrote:
So the 89% installment utilization thing being a point threshold has me wondering something.

Could I theoretically manipulate mine by doing a SSL and paying it down? Looking at my numbers, if I opened a $5400 one and paid it down to $100 right away, it would drop my overall IL utilization to 89.91%. That should net me ~15 points I'd guess.

Just theoretical. In 5 months the utilization would organically fall below 89% anyway, but it does seem like a way that could get an easy score boost for people with new loans at high balance % which means it has more benefit than *just* early credit building.

@ccquest I don't know if there is a threshold at 90% for installment, although there could be. I did get a couple points around there, but it could've been a balance threshold. I was dipping under 20K, but the points there were very few, you don't get decent points til you hit the 65% threshold or the big points at the 10% threshold.

Oct 2020 New Account Scorecard.Nov 2020, No New Account Scorecard (reassignment conflated with aging. EX9 not updated yet. Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)

RIP:
(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 263 of 277
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

As posted in post 1, see the following which supports my theory:

09A96099-9E67-4D42-9344-982E6EF1CD62.png

credit:CassieCard 

Community, I made an error and I want to acknowledge and correct it. I inserted the wrong slide for a sample scorecard in post one and in mix and above. I have corrected that now with the correct slide and corrected the attribution.

The other slide was actually teaching how the reason codes are generated in the order of precedence. I apologize for my oversight, it has been corrected and that slide is now under negative reason codes. 

Thanks!

RIP:
Message 264 of 277
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@ccquest: 89.91 is 90% after rounding. Did you mean to type 88.91?

You want to be at less than 90% after rounding. 89.5+ wouldn't make it.

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of ResilienceEQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard

48 forum members have shared this new credit score. Share yours today!

Message 265 of 277
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@ccquest wrote:

@ccquest but if there is a threshold at 90%, yes you could manipulate it with a second loan and put aggregate installment utilization at <89.5%, as Cassie said. 

RIP:
Message 266 of 277
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Updated Payment History and Mix. 

@LaHossBoss 

RIP:
Message 267 of 277
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@CassieCard wrote:

@ccquest: 89.91 is 90% after rounding. Did you mean to type 88.91?

You want to be at less than 90% after rounding. 89.5+ wouldn't make it.

I was figuring it would be truncated instead of rounded like dollar amounts, but forgot that utilization is actually rounding instead.

as of 11/20/20
Current Cards:
Message 268 of 277
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Also remember balances are truncated individually per account before they are reported to the bureau, not after they’re totaled.

RIP:
Message 269 of 277
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:

D. Revolver:Loan Ratio

Revolver:Loan Ratio is a scoring factor at EQ8 and although the exact ideal ratio is unknown, it's believed to be 3:1 or 4:1. Link.  Code 84.

Do we know that EQ8 code 84 is referring to revolver:loan ratio and not just the number of installment loans?  The reason statement and explanation only talk about the latter.

Message 270 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.