cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal for 800+

Phana24
New Contributor

Re: Goal for 800+

Well I goofed up this month after reading that. Not terrible but delayed myself a month as far as seeing score changes I have a feeling. 

My statements closed on my two larger CCs and here's how I'm looking right now. I should have paid them down to %49. 

Cap One Quicksilver - $6550/$13k (%72 last month, now %50, statement posted today waiting for report updates)

Cap One Platinum - $6560/$13k (%64 last month, now %50, statement posted today waiting for report updates)

Best Buy (citi) - $3350/$6k (due the 12th, going to make sure this is %49 or lower when it reports)

Home Depot - $2800/$9100 (due today, going to pay this one down to %29 or better)

Kohls - $0/$2k

Relax, it's called learning.  We've all BTDT.  Stop worrying about your score in case you need a car loan.  You will qualify for either the best or second best rate at a credit union.  Focus on the highest APRs first, once everything is below 30%, you will see a good boost.  That might be a good time to get a 2%(or maybe better depending patterns) cashback card.  Then, when you hit the 10% mark, you'll probably break 800 AND start getting more $$$ back just for using the cards.   

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.