cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a Fico Alert and score went up. Is it because of opening a credit card last week?? That fast?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a Fico Alert and score went up. Is it because of opening a credit card last week?? That fast?

Okay so I got an alert stating my Fico score went up by 1 point (not a big deal but it's an increase!) today.

I was approved just this past sunday for the chase amazon visa and a day or two ago for the Capital one rewards card so does just getting those cards lead to a 1 point increase for my Fico sore??

I have 0 derogs, 0 lates and had no previous revolving accounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Got a Fico Alert and score went up. Is it because of opening a credit card last week?? That fa

My recommendation would be to subscribe to a few services:

1 & 2 - would be SW and TU Quarterly monitoring found within this link http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

3 - would be USAA CMS found here https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main so that when you get SW alerts, you can then log-in to USAA CMS and pull all 3 reports for free to find out what exactly changed.

I have all 3 and couldn't be happier with either of them!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a Fico Alert and score went up. Is it because of opening a credit card last week?? That fa

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay so I got an alert stating my Fico score went up by 1 point (not a big deal but it's an increase!) today.

I was approved just this past sunday for the chase amazon visa and a day or two ago for the Capital one rewards card so does just getting those cards lead to a 1 point increase for my Fico sore??

those would not affect your credit score untill they actually show up on a report. 1 point it could just be a round-off error or something aged. When they actually start reporting is when you will get a real score change. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if it affected your FICO score, but you lost some popularity points with me for getting that card. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if it affected your FICO score, but you lost some popularity points with me for getting that card. Smiley Tongue

Oh nooooo!  Well I discovered later on that it's hard to get a CLI with them and the tiny CL they gave me is just blah.

Still waiting to hear the results of my Chase Freedom app.  Supposed to call them back tomorrow to find out the results.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.