cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my score 2 days ago then just did scorewatch - - 20+ point drop??? WHAT?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my score 2 days ago then just did scorewatch - - 20+ point drop??? WHAT?

Hey everyone,

I am new here.  I ordered the delux package thing two days ago and got my fico scores from all three agencies and the lowest one was EF, so I thought it was kinda cool that it is the same company that does the score watch service (which I just signed up for a few minutes ago.)

Nothing changed in two days on my credit report, so why would my fico score show two days ago 20 points higher than right now?

I am in the process of trying to buy a home, so this is very, very important to me.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

JerseyGirl
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got my score 2 days ago then just did scorewatch - - 20+ point drop??? WHAT?

JerseyGirl wrote:
Hey everyone,

I am new here.  I ordered the delux package thing two days ago and got my fico scores from all three agencies and the lowest one was EF, so I thought it was kinda cool that it is the same company that does the score watch service (which I just signed up for a few minutes ago.)

Nothing changed in two days on my credit report, so why would my fico score show two days ago 20 points higher than right now?

I am in the process of trying to buy a home, so this is very, very important to me.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

JerseyGirl

Did you get the origianl reports from EQ?  A 20 point drop is significant.  Did you pull your first free scorepower to be sure that nothing changed? Maybe your first pull was just before the reporting dae on one or more of your accounts and the balances changed?  Still dont see that this would account for a 20 point drop.

You said you were in the process of buying a house.  How many lenders have you checked with? The FICO will consider all mortgage shopping as one inquiry when done in a two week period but it has to be coded as mortgage inquiry.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.