Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got my score today, wow!

tag
TheRealJosh94
New Contributor

Got my score today, wow!

Hey everyone, 

Got my first Equifax score today at 676. At 18 I'm really proud of myself! Only have a Journey's CAP one card, and $1500 in student loan's in my file. Moreover, I also have 5 hard inquires. I was stupid to try to apply to ATT and sprint , I went with ATT, but canceled my line in a week. Lastly, I applied to a walmart store card, but it shows up as cbna? Other than that, I hope I can try to pay off my student loan ASAP, and keep my utl. Below 7% for my CC. My goal is to be at 800 before 26. 

Here are my inquires, as bad as it is. How long do they stay, and is there anything I can do to remove them ASAP? 

January 25, 2013At&T Srvs
January 25, 2013Sprntnxtl
November 15, 2012Cbna
October 10, 2012Cbna
October 02, 2012Cap One

Thanks again, forum! 

Current line: Capital One Journey's, $750, Capital One Venture 10k, Discover IT card, $2100 , American Express Gold Card, NPSL, BestBuy Citi Card, $4000, Chase Marriott 7k, Chase sapphire 3k, Citi simplicity 2k, Citi diamond preferred 2.8k.
Age: 20 Credit score: EQ: 760 TU:750 EX:745 Goal: 800 age 25
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Got my score today, wow!

@TheRealJosh94 wrote:

Hey everyone, 

Got my first Equifax score today at 676. At 18 I'm really proud of myself! Only have a Journey's CAP one card, and $1500 in student loan's in my file. Moreover, I also have 5 hard inquires. I was stupid to try to apply to ATT and sprint , I went with ATT, but canceled my line in a week. Lastly, I applied to a walmart store card, but it shows up as cbna? Other than that, I hope I can try to pay off my student loan ASAP, and keep my utl. Below 7% for my CC. My goal is to be at 800 before 26. 

Here are my inquires, as bad as it is. How long do they stay, and is there anything I can do to remove them ASAP? 

January 25, 2013At&T Srvs
January 25, 2013Sprntnxtl
November 15, 2012Cbna
October 10, 2012Cbna
October 02, 2012Cap One

Thanks again, forum! 

first of all congrats on your equifax score! Walmart is issued by GE bank and it would be labeled as GECRB/Walmart. The reason you dont see it on your EQ report is that they moslty pull TU so most likely it is being reported there. Cbna is Citibank. You are doing good though, this site has sure help thousands of people

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 5
sosabe77
Contributor

At 18, you already have a plan in place.  That's lightyears ahead of a lot of people your age.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Mama-j
Contributor

Inquiries only weighted for 1yr not sure how to get inq removed though.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats. The effects of your inquires will begin to diminish after 6 months. If they are legitimate inquires then they will stay on your rne eport for 2 years although their affect on your fico score will be negligible after 1 year. If everyone could just "get stuff removed" from their credit reports that was negative, then credit reports would have no meaning and banks and credit card companies would not be able to offer loans and credit to anyone.  It is only with an accurate credit picture of a person that banks can be able to make appropriate decisions regarding people's creditworthiness.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.