cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP showing on EX CW, but not on MF 1B

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

HP showing on EX CW, but not on MF 1B

I took a CU HP in May and it has never displayed on MF, but has always displayed on EX CW. MF blames EX. EX flatly refuses blame and advised that MF's description of how their systems worked was inaccurate. MF says CRAs maintain both a primary and a secondary "redacted" CR for everyone. EX absolutely denies this stating each person has ONLY one file. (No they checked, I don't have a split file.) According to EX redaction is apparently done before/during data transfer. Wish I knew why it will not display. Its a lot of money for incomplete/inaccurate CRs.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Established Contributor

Re: HP showing on EX CW, but not on MF 1B

Does it show on other third-party CMSes that use EX data? (credit.com, for instance)

Curious if it's an MF-specific issue, or a more general EX->3rd party issue.

MF does do odd things with inquiries on the 1B/3B reports - hiding all inquiries more than 12 months old (as they are unscorable), even though they do still exist on the real reports...

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:850 TU9:850 EX9:850
EQ5:809 TU4:789 EX2:819 - 2019-09-06
Message 2 of 15
Valued Contributor

MF is the only third-party CMS I have used for EX, unless American Express also shows the report data?

Excellent idea though, as I would love to discover whether Experian or MF is at fault. They both blame each other.

I’m gonna check American Express and maybe I’ll make an account on Credit.com per ur advice.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 3 of 15
Valued Contributor

iv I haven’t forgotten I just haven’t had time to do it yet.

Message 4 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Credit.com doesn't have great report data or format I should say but before I enrolled with EX this was the free site I used for account information, having CK to cover EQ and TU.  It now updates every 14 days.

FICO 8 as of 09/17/19
FICO 9 as of 09/02/19
AoOA - 23Y6M | AAoA - 11Y4M | AoYA - 0Y1M
1 30 day late on EX (12/2012)
Open: 9 CC | 2 RC | 1 PLOC | 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan
Closed: 1 MTG loan | 1 Auto loan | 2 RC
Message 5 of 15
Frequent Contributor

I think you mentioned your EX INQ woes in another thread, and I also mentioned mine:

Nusenda CU HP 12-03-18

MF - No

CCT - Yes

credit.com - yes
CreditWorks - yes
creditscorecard.com - yes
experianidworks.com - yes

In addition, I also have a SP that accurately reports as a SP on MF, but half of the other websites report it as a SP, while the other half report it as a HP.

If my scores were between 550-650, I would be fighting for every point I am inaccurately losing. As my profile stands now, I really don't care. But I do wish you luck in your fight!

EQ=846       TU=834        EX=822      INQ=0/0/2     UTIL=1%        AZEO

Message 6 of 15
Valued Contributor

Omar No, I did not realize you were having that same problem with that same exact inquiry. Isn’t that peculiar and it’s only missing from MF. Very strange. Have you reported it to customer service?

Although I still don’t have your dream profile, I did get a little closer. I added three of yours!

Message 7 of 15
Frequent Contributor

I haven't spoken/complained to anyone about it.

I barely started noticing the discrepancies about 2-3 months ago and they will become unscoreable this December, so I guess I just don't have any motivation to do anything about it. In the end, I have a proper SP reporting and a HP not reporting on my EX 1B.

It could be worse!

Message 8 of 15
Valued Contributor

True but the algorithm still potentially using the HP.

At least I can tell customer service I’m not the only member who is experiencing this with this particular FI. How did you access SP’s on a third-party site?

Message 9 of 15
Frequent Contributor

@Birdman7 wrote:
How did you access SP’s on a third-party site?

Honestly, since only 3 of them are reporting my actual SP as a HP, I just assumed that the one's that DIDN"T report it as a HP were correctly classifying it as a SP (that I couldn't see).

Also, some of them (discovercard, I think?) only give you the number of HP inq's with no description, so I am also able to match the accuracy by numbers. But on those, I guess my SP and HP could be reversed and still reporting incorrectly, but I have classifed it as a first world problem for me.

In the end, you are not crazy and you are correct. EX is absolutely buggy when it comes to reporting INQ's.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.