Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading towards a 300 credit scrore!!!

tag
sixfour1
Established Member

Heading towards a 300 credit scrore!!!

Since July 15 up to now my credits scores have drope from a high of 640 to 590, nothing has changed except I have two credit cards with 1000 dollar limit (not my choice but the banks), either way each month it reports up to 10 points of negative credit to my score based on credit utilization. I'm not going to use credit I wan to see just how low this system will go. F'em!!!!

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Heading towards a o credit scrore

@sixfour1 wrote:

Since July 15 up to now my credits scores have drope from a high of 640 to 590, nothing has changed except I have two credit cards with 1000 dollar limit (not my choice but the banks), either way each month it reports up to 10 points of negative credit to my score based on credit utilization. I'm not going to use credit I wan to see just how low this system will go. F'em!!!!

** Note this is just a joke not realy recomended **

Easy Instructions:

1) Charge up each credit card to $1000

2) Don't make a payment for nest year.

3) On House, Car and Instalment loans just stop paying.

3) Let us know how it goes.   Heart  Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well thats not going to help you build credit by being vindictive. Your 1 person in a very big world. Its either your cards are maxed out or you have no balance reporting on both cards. Have 1 card report <8.99% and then pay it after statement date. While having the other card report $0. Just having 2 cards sitting doesnt in no way shape or form lower a credit score. We can help you understand the FICO game by posting what your balances are on the 2 card and go from there. You'll never hit 0. The lowest score is 300.

Message 3 of 15
sixfour1
Established Member

Update another -5 point drop by equifax and  -7 point drop by "my favorite" experian, who droped me on data based on today, except I paid the cards off two days ago and my balance is zero. So you can say im being vindictive, nope Im being played.

Message 4 of 15
sixfour1
Established Member

I'm really thinking about paying the cards and closing them, they are

@Kforce wrote:

@sixfour1 wrote:

** Note this is just a joke not realy recomended **

Easy Instructions:

1) Charge up each credit card to $1000

2) Don't make a payment for nest year.

3) On House, Car and Instalment loans just stop paying.

3) Let us know how it goes.   Heart  Smiley LOL

basically useless I can't get a limit increase on them anyways.

Message 5 of 15
sixfour1
Established Member

***Update***

Experian decided their -5 point drop was not enough so today the adjusted and dropped me another -2 points.

Message 6 of 15
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

My take is always that my credit scores are basically snapshots in time and will vary depending on if/how I choose to use my available credit. If you don't want to play the game, just don't. If you're finding the game as frustrating as you apparently are, maybe just don't check your scores? Let them do what they will while you go live your life - that's my typical take.

The exception to this would be if I had something like a mortgage in my near future and my score would significantly impact my cost over time, but 99+% of the time my exact score doesn't much matter.

Message 7 of 15
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

People always forget that just as quickly points drop, they can go back up when you start doing the right things. 

Message 8 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@sixfour1 wrote:

Update another -5 point drop by equifax and  -7 point drop by "my favorite" experian, who droped me on data based on today, except I paid the cards off two days ago and my balance is zero. So you can say im being vindictive, nope Im being played.

Were trying to help you. This is why you lost points. You paid off both cards and have nothing reporting and FICO doesnt care for that. You need a third card so you can be at AZEO and below the 50% of cards reporting. Then have 1 report and you sit at 33.3%. Its easy. No one is after you. Your missing the point were trying to make.

Message 9 of 15
sixfour1
Established Member

I found the culprit, some company found and old charge off for a Bosh Car Credit that was 1200 they have attached some fees to it so that it sits at 128% ulitilization. This and the fact that with only a 1000 dollar credit limit on both cards that I was using just to harvest points. There was no room to put my monthly expenses. But thats cool, I just need to find someone who will let me do a 100,000 dollar secure card. :_)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.