cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres one for you, same day two different scores?

tag
MJNTX430

Heres one for you, same day two different scores?

Hello everyone,  Been a while but I just had something happen that has me a bit perplexed.

I recently applied for a credit card through American Airlines CU,  They pulled my credit from Equifax and claimed my score was 577,  I had logged in on the  Equifax Website That VERY MORNING   and was told my score was 640!

First off, I thought Equifax was supposed to be the one service we could trust was giving us our REAL Fico score!

Secondly after reading another post here I am wonding if anyone knows weather AACU perhaps gets a Credit Card "Enhanced" form of my credit report?

Still pisses me off if thats the case but I guess there is nothing I can do about it, BUT it would at least help to have an explanation of the 2 differing numbers.

Thanks for any input ;.)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Heres one for you, same day two different scores?

If they used the straight EQ FICO score they would have been the exact same score.  I will have to guess they use an enhanced score.

Message 2 of 4
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

There are 49 different FICO scores 17 of which are Equifax.

See my sig for more info.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 3 of 4
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

There are two different Equifax scores available on their site. A FICO and a FAKO. Are you sure you got a FICO?

As previously mentioned, there are multiple versions of the EQ FICO as well. If the CU pulled the 08 version, and you bought the 04 version, there is the possibility that the numbers could be quite different.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.