cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey, why isn't my credit limit shown on my CR?

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hey, why isn't my credit limit shown on my CR?

MidnightVoice wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

4. Some cards have limit ceilings where they will only report your limit under a certain amount. Juniper is a perfect example. If you have a Juniper card with a $7000 limit and it is not reporting you can call and request a credit limit decrease (CLD) to under their ceiling of $5000. The limit should then be reported during your next statement cycle.

I don't know what has changed, but my Juniper card is reporting the full credit limit of $7,500 on my latest TC reports

Like Citi, Juniper only reports the CL for some cards. This never made sense to me. You would think it would be an all or nothing deal since, unlike Amex, neither offer a charge card, AFAIK.
Message 11 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

An as as result I had to run up a huge bill to have it report on my CR just in case they didn't Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a capital one and they do not report the score, we are working on repairing our credit and know that this is hurting our credit as this is the only revolving credit that we have. How can we have them report this without us having to update it through the CRA's every month?
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a capital one and they do not report the score, we are working on repairing our credit and know that this is hurting our credit as this is the only revolving credit that we have. How can we have them report this without us having to update it through the CRA's every month?

CrapOne is going to start reporting CL by the end of the year- FICO is substituting your High Balance for the CL.

Have you successfully had the CRA's report your CL??
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, why isn't my credit limit shown on my CR? Good Question great answers thank u all..
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please update this in regards to what Cap One has changed with the reporting of limits?

Thanks Tusc!
Message 16 of 25
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Call Capital One and tell them the CL is not reporting, they will investigate and fix it with the CRA's.  This happened to me and they fixed it right away. (next billing cycle)   I don't know what they used to be like, (I've heard some stories) but since I have been dealing with them, less than a year now, they have been better than all my other cards by far.  I also found it better to use the "backdoor number" to avoid any culture clashes...lol.  I started with them in July 07 got one card with a $300 limit.  Now have 2 cards with them, one with $1,100 and one with $1,000 limit.  Smiley Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of my closed accts still show limits.  Any chance those affect my score?  (I'm betting not, but hope springs eternal.)
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

DansRib wrote:
Some of my closed accts still show limits.  Any chance those affect my score?  (I'm betting not, but hope springs eternal.)

A closed account's credit limit isn't factored into utilization, because it's not considered available credit.
Message 19 of 25
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Alix, unfortunatley, under current law, no lendor has any legal obligaton whatsoever  to even report to any CRA, period.  It is at their discretion.  Current law only restricts what they can or cannot report, but does not mandate reporting.  So you just gotta wait.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.