Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest credit limit TU will report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest credit limit TU will report

I have heard before that TU and maybe other bureau's will only report up to a certain limit on credit card's? Is there any truth to this on the TU FICO 08 models? For example would a CC with a 100k limit (if someone had that actually) report to TU a revolving tradeline with a 100k limit?

2 REPLIES 2
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Highest credit limit TU will report

>=50k CL's with current model believe 08 and possibly other supposibly don't factor into utilization is what I have heard on all 3 CRA's as FICO provides the scores, not the CRA's.  With that said lenders can still see if a card has say 25k out of a 50k CL being used and figure it out themselves this person is using 50% of one cards utili, but for scoring purposes the first statement is suppose to hold true.  Be curious what others will say about this.  This topic is probably better asked in FICO scoring section and will ask the post to be moved there vs. CC section.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highest credit limit TU will report

The earlier models (before FICO 8) definitely drop revolving tradelines where the credit limit is ultra-high.  I think the consensus so far is that tradelines with a CL of 34.9k or less were completely safe (no risk of being dropped from your total credit limit).  Recent testing was done on FICO 8 and the results appeared to verify with a couple different people that 50k was safe. 

Is this a theoretical question or do you have a practical concern?  I.e. are you planning to get a CLI that would take you to 35k or higher?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.