cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate are the simulators on myFico?

tag
Momagain
New Contributor

How accurate are the simulators on myFico?

I just ran a simulation showing a lump sum of payments along with the refund we got via SCRA and its showing a potential 20-35 point Fico 8 bump across all three CRAs in my fico.  Curious if those simulations are in the ballpark or should I not even consider them?  My next 3b report isn't until 12/27.  Kind anxious to see what it will all shakeout to be.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: How accurate are the simulators on myFico?

They might be good for educational and/or entertainment value? It may or may not be close. I don't rely on them.
Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I would recommend reading this post. You'll be able to gauge your score more accurately.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-Truth-about-Credit-Card-Utilization/...
Message 3 of 6
Momagain
New Contributor

AllZero,

Thanks for the link.  I am saving the info I found there to a file in my computer so I can work through the balances and see how I truly easure up.  Lots of interesting info!

@AllZero wrote:
I would recommend reading this post. You'll be able to gauge your score more accurately.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-Truth-about-Credit-Card-Utilization/...

Message 4 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You're welcome.

Read ABCD2199's post in his signature too. Lots of useful information.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate are the simulators on MyFico? Almost half as accurate as a psychic reading by Cleo.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.