cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a $29 dispute sink a sterling credit record?

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: How can a $29 dispute sink a sterling credit record?

eljeffe,

I don't like stating the obvious but, based on responses to your situation so far, I think I need to chime in with this: You just learned why it's so important to monitor, on a regular schedule, your credit reports and FICO scores. This would have alerted you to the fact there was a problem before it became irretrievable.

Also, even though you were "HAD?" by GEMB it really won't be the last time something of this nature will happen to you, and you have to decide if you want fight for your rights or, do you want excellent credit? You sound like a logical thinker and you can figure this out if you take a few minutes to cool down and forget the emotional side of what was done to you.

I'm certain you'll come to the correct reaction for the situation and I wish you "Good Luck".
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.