Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out collection agency from report? It is listed as "083YC00000"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out collection agency from report? It is listed as "083YC00000"

Below is the collection as listed on my credit report.   I have no idea how to find out what collection agency this is, so I can contact them, and start tyring to figure out how to get this off my report.

Any suggestions?

p.s.  It is hard to find out from the original Dr's office, because the only Dr office I can think of this would be for, changed billing services in 2006.   So I am having a hard time hunting it down from that end.

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "083YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $85 on account number "XXXX".
Collection agency [?]     083YC00000
Original balance [?]     $85
Current balance [?]     $0
Date assigned [?]     May, 2005
Account number [?]     XXXX
Account holder [?]     Individual
Account descriptions [?]     Medical

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I find out collection agency from report? It is listed as "083YC00000"

@Anonymous wrote:

Below is the collection as listed on my credit report.   I have no idea how to find out what collection agency this is, so I can contact them, and start tyring to figure out how to get this off my report.

Any suggestions?

p.s.  It is hard to find out from the original Dr's office, because the only Dr office I can think of this would be for, changed billing services in 2006.   So I am having a hard time hunting it down from that end.

Collection on debt to:

The collection agency "083YC00000" was hired to collect a debt of $85 on account number "XXXX".
Collection agency [?]     083YC00000
Original balance [?]     $85
Current balance [?]     $0
Date assigned [?]     May, 2005
Account number [?]     XXXX
Account holder [?]     Individual
Account descriptions [?]     Medical

You would need to pull your Credit Report from annualcreditreport.com which is your one time a year free report, or direct from the CRA's to obtain the information you are seeking.

Third party venders including MYFICO will not have the information you are looking for on Credit Reports.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How do I find out collection agency from report? It is listed as "083YC00000"

+1

The names of CA's for medical collections are masked to protect patient privacy, as some providers, clinics, and hospitals have names that might show what you were treated for (Cancer Survival Center, New Spring Fertillity Clinic, Positive Living Support Services, etc.) You won't be able to see them on third-party vendor reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What portion of your CR does this appear under?  This may not be an actual "collection account."

When an OC refers/assigns a debt for collection, they report a collection assignment status code  to their OC account.

The debt collector can then choose to report this to the CRA as a collection account  Collections are reported only by a debt collector.

If the debt collector has not reported to your CR or otherwise contacted you, then they are not required to send you a collection (dunning) notice, identifying themselves, the OC, and the amount of the debt.  If you have not received a dunning notice, it appears to me that they are still lingering in the background.

I would take the suggested advice to pull your more-comprehensive CR from annualcreditreport.com.  That will clearly identify the party who posted the information, and whether or not it is a true collection reported by a debt collector.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI -- it does show under the "collections" section on the MyFICO website.

I am trying to get pull my EQ report from annualcreditreportnow.... just have to wait for it to come in the mail now...

Message 5 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI -- it does show under the "collections" section on the MyFICO website.

I am trying to get pull my EQ report from annualcreditreportnow.... just have to wait for it to come in the mail now...

Many times you get instant access to the report. 

Is EQ the only CRA showing the collection?

If not you can pull (if you want to) your TU and or EX report from annualcreditreport.com also since you are entitled to one from each bureau for free once a year. It may be possible to get instant access to one of them instead of waiting for it to be mailed. 

Good Luck
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is only on EQ -- I was able to get TU and EX instant.  But EQ would not do instant.  Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it is only on EQ -- I was able to get TU and EX instant.  But EQ would not do instant.  Smiley Sad

Sorry you have to wait, should take about 7-10 business days. 

Good Luck
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update, that I got this removed from my report.   The collection agency ended up just saying they would remove it. 

I was trying to do information gathering to try to find an inaccuracy to get it removed.  (or to find out if I paid the CA or the OC)

The operators at the CA were not really helpful, but I called back like three times, asking them for more peices of information, and asking everytime to confirm if they could tell me if I paid them or the OC.  (which they always said they had no way to tell)

I told them I wanted them to send me all the information they had, because I needed written information for my attourny -- so he could help me get it removed.      Which they said they could not, they said they could not even snail mail me the information they had.  I didn't ever ask to speak to a supervisor, though I realized I probably should have.  I just kept pushing, that they needed to be able to send me a record of it on paper, and the operater said all they could do was let me talk to thier supervisor.   I left a message for the supervisor, who called me back and let me know upon looking at it, they found that they could just remove it.  A couple days later, it is infact removed!!!

I read somewhere here that someone else also got something removed just by contacting the CA a lot.   It actually works!  Or did for me anyway!   

Message 9 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! The world's most informal DV, but it worked for you.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.