Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I purchase my credit scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I purchase my credit scores?

How do I purchase my FICO score for each of the three bureaus?  I'm not interested in credit monitoring services or anything like that, I'd simply like to purchase my scores.  As part of this, do I get my FICO Auto Score and FICO Bankcard Score, as well?  If not, how do I get these?

Also, is there a difference between my Experian FICO score and my Experian PLUS score, my Equifax FICO score and whatever Equifax calls their proprietary score, and my TransUnion FICO score and whatever TransUnion calls their proprietary score?  If so, how do I also purchase those proprietary scores?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I purchase my credit scores?

Hi Alex -  welcome to the forums!

Yes, your FICO® scores differ from the scores provided by the Experian, Equifax, and Transunion proprietary models.  FICO scores are the ones used by lenders to determine your creditworthiness --  so ignore Experian® Plus / National Equivalency Score, Equifax® Score, and Transunion® TransRisk.  Also ignore Vantage®-3 scores provided by sites like Credit Karma, NerdWallet, Wallet Hub, Credit Sesame, and through TransUnion's credit monitoring service.

Since you are not interested in constant monitoring, you can obtain all 3 FICO 8 scores by signing up for a $1 / 7-day trial at CreditCheckTotal.com  (CCT).   CCT is owed and operated by Experian, so when you sign up you will be directed to the Experian site / mobile app but the scores you will receive for all 3 bureaus will be FICO 8.    Just be sure to cancel the service before your trial ends, otherwise, you'll be charged a monthly fee of, I believe, $24.99 (might be $29.99 now...).   You can only cancel by phone and the best time to call is morning hours, PST. 

EDIT: 

I'm sorry -- I just noticed this part of your post: 

@alexcr wrote:

As part of this, do I get my FICO Auto Score and FICO Bankcard Score, as well?  If not, how do I get these?

Through CCT -- you will only get Auto, Bankcard, and Mortgage enhanced FICO scores for Experian, not Transunion and Equifax (only FICO 8 for those two).  The only place to get all 28 of your FICO versions  (FICO 8 Classic, Auto, Bankcard, and Mortgage, and FICO 9) is through myFICO.   A one-time 3 Bureau report is $59.   

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 8
thornback
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry -- I just noticed this part of your post: 

@Anonymous wrote:

As part of this, do I get my FICO Auto Score and FICO Bankcard Score, as well?  If not, how do I get these?

Through CCT -- you will only get Auto, Bankcard, and Mortgage enhanced FICO scores for Experian, not Transunion and Equifax (only FICO 8 for those two).  The only place to get all 28 of your FICO versions  (FICO 8 Classic, Auto, Bankcard, and Mortgage, and FICO 9) is through myFICO.   A one-time 3 Bureau report is $59.   

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do I purchase my FICO score for each of the three bureaus?  I'm not interested in credit monitoring services or anything like that, I'd simply like to purchase my scores.  As part of this, do I get my FICO Auto Score and FICO Bankcard Score, as well?  If not, how do I get these?

Also, is there a difference between my Experian FICO score and my Experian PLUS score, my Equifax FICO score and whatever Equifax calls their proprietary score, and my TransUnion FICO score and whatever TransUnion calls their proprietary score?  If so, how do I also purchase those proprietary scores?

Thanks in advance.

I know you're not interested in monitoring but if you want to see the full set of major FICO scores, the best way to do it is to get the Ultimate Monitoring Service. For $30 month you get the full panoply of scores every quarter, for $40 month you get the full panoply of scores every month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you tell us a bit more about what your credit plans might be for the next year, we can give you much better advice regarding the best tool.

The most important question is whether you might be buying a home and if so when.

Of secondary interest is whether you might be buying a car and if so when.

For pretty much everything else (even for a car purchase) the $1 trial at CCT offers a good starting place and nothing else may really be needed.  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

A one-time 3 Bureau report is $59.   

This is true above, but if the OP wants his 28 FICO scores his best bet would be to pay half that for the $30/mo membership and immediately cancel it after getting what he's after.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@thornback wrote:

A one-time 3 Bureau report is $59.   

This is true above, but if the OP wants his 28 FICO scores his best bet would be to pay half that for the $30/mo membership and immediately cancel it after getting what he's after.

Thank you!  Just to confirm, you're referring to this service...?

https://www.myfico.com/products/ultimate-three-bureau-credit-report/

Message 7 of 8
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!  Just to confirm, you're referring to this service...?

https://www.myfico.com/products/ultimate-three-bureau-credit-report/

That's the one.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.