Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before my new CLI reported

tag
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

How long before my new CLI reported

Citi recently granted me a CLI on my Simplicity card. As of 9/25 my FICO score is 713 according to the fico feature provided through Citi. However I don’t see the increase reported on my credit report for this card when I check my reports in CK. How long before my CLI will be reported ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before my new CLI reported

@MySunrise271 wrote:
Citi recently granted me a CLI on my Simplicity card. As of 9/25 my FICO score is 713 according to the fico feature provided through TU. However I don’t see the increase reported on my credit report for this card when I check my reports in CK. How long before my CLI will be reported ?

Your CLI will be reported on your next Statement Close date.  A simple way to check is to look at the Close Date on a copy of your statement.  Lenders typically report to the credit bureaus the same day your statement closes (there are a few exceptions like US Bank and Elan Financial who report on the last business day of the month).

Message 2 of 10
kxkxkxx
Regular Contributor

Depending upon the CLI amount, it may or may not give you a point boost. I had an increase on one card and my score went up 6 points....a month later, I had 3 cards with a CLI and nothing changed....my guess is I had not quite reached that next threshold for another point boost.

Current FICO 8 Scores
EQ 759
TU 748
EX 744
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A CLI in and of itself cannot increase a FICO score, as the algorithm does not look at credit limits under 99.9% of circumstances.

All a CLI can do is possibly lower utilization across a threshold if that person is at above 8.9% utilization prior to the CLI.  The only other way would be if the utilization on the card you're receiving the CLI on is above 8.9% and the CLI drops the utilization on that account across a threshold.  This would typically only result in a gain of a few points though, as individual card utilization takes a back seat to aggregate utilization in terms of importance.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got aproved today for a CLI on my BOA cash rewards 2000 to 5000.

should i go straight for the amex? (which one?) or wait until next statement comes out? i dont know if boa reports the 5000 imediately or need to wait until next statement?

3 hard inquiries in the last 12months, and today i think is a soft and soes not count.

credit score around 700

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll likely see the BoA CLI after your statement period ends and they report again.  The new reporting should include the new CL.

I'm not sure what you mean about going straight for the Amex and which one.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am going to apply for an amex as my second card.

but i want  them to see that i have a good 5000 boa card. it was just increased from 2000 to 5000 yesterday

my question is if i can apply straight away to amex and the 5000 limit will be visible to them?

or i have to wait until next statement comes up ?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my question is if i can apply straight away to amex and the 5000 limit will be visible to them?

or i have to wait until next statement comes up ?

You'll want that BoA limit to report to the bureaus first.  You can see when this happens using any CMS (like Credit Karma, WalletHub, etc) and checking to see when the new limit post-CLI lands on your CR.  Once that happens, the new limit will be visible to Amex when they do the HP for your application.  I'd suggest a relatively low reported balance on the BoA card at the time you apply for the Amex.  Something around a few hundred dollars would be ideal IMO, but up to $1000 or so is probably fine as well if you're looking for the best "look" when doing the Amex app.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant acess any CMS because i only have an ITIN number and they all want SSN...

how long does it take? is it a few days or do i MUST wait until next statement comes in june?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next statement.

CCCs don't do an additional (non-statement ending) reporting just to update a credit limit.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.