cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before this thing spreads like a cancer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before this thing spreads like a cancer?

A medical collection just appeared on TU today and nuked my score. It's already paid, so there's no reason why there would be any more collection activity. But, what are the chances that it will appear on the other 2 CRAs over the next little while? I am refinancing at the end of June. If I have 1 really bad score at least I'll have a decent middle score if it doesn't show up anywhere else.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before this thing spreads like a cancer?

madriley wrote:
A medical collection just appeared on TU today and nuked my score. It's already paid, so there's no reason why there would be any more collection activity. But, what are the chances that it will appear on the other 2 CRAs over the next little while? I am refinancing at the end of June. If I have 1 really bad score at least I'll have a decent middle score if it doesn't show up anywhere else.

If it were paid BEFORE appearing on the bureau, I would dispute it.  Depending on the colelctor, they may report to all three bureaus.  Some local collectors only report to the bureau most commanly used in your state.  Contact the collector and advise them you would like it removed from your report since it was paid BEFORE being reported.

HTH

Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Just curious.. does it show on your report as paid or unpaid?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Just curious.. does it show on your report as paid or unpaid?

It shows as paid. But, I didn't pay the CA, I paid the doctor's office. I am using the HIPAA process over at creditboards.com. I am hoping I will be able to force a deletion. It's worked for a lot of people. http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=39
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would dispute it.. if it does not fall off take it up with the Drs office.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.