Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many different TU scores are there?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many different TU scores are there?

On CK and every CC that shows TU, I'm at 774. Yet, the dealer just pulled my credit and I'm in the 800 club. Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How many different TU scores are there?

CK are Fako scores. The dealership could be using a version of the FICO auto scores or the standard FICO 8 or 9 scores.
You can pull your scores here for $1. https://www.experian.com/help/login.html
Just cancel before the trial ends.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the CC use Fico 8, none are 800, all are 774.

And I use EX, have been for over 2 years. I think I'm in a never ending trial since they keep sending me emails every month with updates. It's 759 btw.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS. Some DP on EX: Really likes loans. And really hates when you pay them off.

Jan 16, 2018 Credit Score Increase

Your FICO® Score has increased by 31 points.

Jan 12, 2018 New Auto Loan

Feb 7, 2018 LOAN PAID
Feb 7, 2018 Credit Score Decrease

Your FICO® Score has decreased by 28 points.

Apr 6, 2018 Credit Score Increase

Your FICO® Score has increased by 41 points.

Apr 5, 2018 New Auto Loan

May 4, 2018 LOAN PAID
May 5, 2018 Credit Score Decrease

Your FICO® Score has decreased by 30 points.

Yes, I churn n burn loans too! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Lol, you're paying off the installment loans too fast. They need to run 18 months in order to show true payment history. I know the part of being in debt sucks. But as long as you have the money in the bank to pay it off, I'd stretch them out a bit longer.
You'll pay a little more in interest, but it will go a long way in strengthening your credit profile. That's If you want it stronger.
I hear ya on the churn and burn 😆!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there are 9 or 10 different TU FICO scores, at least that's what you get when you do a MF monthly membership.
Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I think there are 9 or 10 different TU FICO scores, at least that's what you get when you do a MF monthly membership.

There's even more scores from TU than that, they just aren't very common.

TU published a list some number of years ago, basically a product catalog, and there was a dizzying array of scores, most of which aren't relevant admittedly.  Dozens, not all of them FICO or Vantage either.

To Gmood's point one of the random FICO tricks is just pay *most* of a loan off and then just leave a very small amount left on the loan for as long as possible.  Sometimes lenders will make you pay it on the typical payment date, but others will push your date out years ahead and you can just baby the loan along for years while incurring next to no interest and having that FICO 8 (and a few other scores too) win for the entire time it's on there.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.