cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many points do you drop for too many inquiries?

tag
senseidab
New Contributor

How many points do you drop for too many inquiries?

I have 12 inquiries on my TU report over the last 12 months.  8 of them are scheduled to drop off May, will i pick up points when they drop off and how many points per inquiry?  can anyone advise?
Thank you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
credit12

Remember 720 is the score that is where you want to be an...

Remember 720 is the score that is where you want to be anything above that is pointless it is very rare that a loan product will offer something better for a  820 score or a 720-760 is rarly a factor I have 75 inquifes on one of my reports.it only makes up about a total of 68-72 points I have a healthy 743 score if you have good credit do not worry about pulling credit. if you want to limit the drop do 2 things 1. do all apps. at once. 2. read the app find out which bank you aew appling for Citi, Chase ,and Bank of America control a lot of the credit world so pay attention, about getting rid of inquires on 2 out of 3 of (CRA) is cake they just delete not investivigate.

P.S. the highest score i ever saw was on my 97 year old grandma 832 she had perfect credit her whole life. but the strength of the credit was fine for a 10k line but not for a 50k,-150k line or (credit card)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remember 720 is the score that is where you want to be an...

Where does "too many inquiries" fit into the FICO model, anyway? 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to fico inquiries are about 10% of the score and an inquiry stays on your report for 2yrs.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can inquires be taken off you credit report at your request? Do they automatically drop off after two years?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't request to have inquiries deleted -- otherwise we'd all do it.  The law requires the credit reporting agencies to list whenever someone gets your report.  Inquiries stay on your report for 2 years, but for the purpose of calculating your FICO score, they only consider those made over the past 12 months.  There is no exact known (to the public) correlation between # of inquiries and # of score points lost or gained, but it's best to have two or fewer per year.  But this doesn't mean that three inquiries will kill your score.

Message Edited by masdeocho on 04-17-2007 12:38 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.