cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do hard pulls effect credit score after 1 year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much do hard pulls effect credit score after 1 year?

Last year I opened two lines of credit in December (on the 6th and 21st respectively) so I'm coming up on the 1 year mark for both soon. Should I expect a credit score bump after those accounts have been aged 1 year? I've read that after a year hard pulls don't effect your score anymore but may still be visible on your report.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: How much do hard pulls effect credit score after 1 year?

Inquiries become unscorable after a year. That means you can generally expect a scoring bump when an inquiry becomes one year old. However, it appears that inquiries can sometimes fall into brackets. For example, 1 to 2 inquiries may be scored the same, 3 to 4 may be scored the same, or whatever.

An inquiry will drop off your reports after two years. I guess it takes 25 months for Experian.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

agreed with the above. For some reason, experian takes 25 months to remove inquiries, maybe a rounding issue? or just being a PITA..... 

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

The score bump could be anywhere from a few to maybe 5 or 10 points. Depends on how Fico scored them and your profile.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any scoring increase from the presence of an inquiry will happen 365 days after the date of the inquiry.  If you check your score on date 366-367 (or after) and did not see a score gain, you will not see a score gain related to that inquiry due to it being "binned" as HO referenced in his reply above.  Any score gain that you do see at time will be the total gain you see from that inquiry reaching 1 year in age; you won't get additional points at any other point, including when it falls off your report after 2 years.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.