cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much of a bump should I expect after 3 baddies are removed?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

How much of a bump should I expect after 3 baddies are removed?

They were reported 3 years ago on the same date and the status has been closed/paid since I started reviewing my report a few months ago. If it matters, they're listed as medical and 2 are $50ish, and the other's about $140. 

How would this affect FICO and other types of scores (CreditWise, etc)?

4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much of a bump should I expect after 3 baddies are removed?

What’s on your file after they are removed?

If there’s other derogatory information maybe a handful of points at most, if those are your only three issues it depends how much positive history you have.

        
Message 2 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
What’s on your file after they are removed?

If there’s other derogatory information maybe a handful of points at most, if those are your only three issues it depends how much positive history you have.

Bad marks from student loan that defaulted. unfortunately, they appear as about 6 separate loans, which results in a lot of late payments. 

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Probably not much but if it’s just lates and a CO (which we don’t know enough about score wise TBH) you might actually move to a slightly prettier scorecard though still bottom 4.

It’s hard to say as a result where your score will wind up: long term getting anything negative deleted is a good thing, but I will be curious to see what your scores do if you wouldn’t mind reporting back once the three collection deletions go through.

        
Message 4 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
Probably not much but if it’s just lates and a CO (which we don’t know enough about score wise TBH) you might actually move to a slightly prettier scorecard though still bottom 4.

It’s hard to say as a result where your score will wind up: long term getting anything negative deleted is a good thing, but I will be curious to see what your scores do if you wouldn’t mind reporting back once the three collection deletions go through.

i've been obsessively checking my email for a confirmation email from the collection agency and just happened to see this on my updated report. my exp score increased 12 points after the 3 items dropped. aside from the items being removed, my debt was decreased by a little over $1,000. so, i can't be sure how much the removals actually helped. but, i'm happy for the increase and glad that those bad marks are gone! lesson learned!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.