cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will last collection on credit report raise my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much will last collection on credit report raise my score?

Do you have any charge offs on your report? 

Message 11 of 21
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have one recent collection coming off my report and wondered how many points my score should increase? This was the only collection on my report. I still have debts that were included in my bankruptcy on my credit. Smart credit said this collection has a high impact on my score.

It depends on what you mean by "recent collection". Do you mean the debt was recent or the CA just reported it on your CR?

If I can recall, my last CA was about 6 or 7 yrs old at the time, it was deleted or dropped off my CR. I didnt see a jump in my score,so I think I was rebucketed.My score was in the mid-high 600's, then stayed the same for a year, after that it took off, now it's 742.

Only have 2 baddies left, 1 late to drop off next month and the last late will drop off early next year.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 12 of 21
pakman92
Established Contributor

@gettingstarted wrote:

Depending upon what type of collection that it is you could see a significant jump in your score had one fall off two weeks ago jumped 53 points to join the 700 club

how and why does kind of collections matter?

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few charge offs but they were included in my bankruptcy. The collection was from 5 years ago but they just put it on my credit report in August.
Message 14 of 21
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a few charge offs but they were included in my bankruptcy. The collection was from 5 years ago but they just put it on my credit report in August.

A Credit Score is generated, by what is on your CR at that moment in time. 

Collections hurt a CS most in the beginning, then hurt less and less over time.

When will this CA drop off your CR?    

Please come back and share your score results with us, when you know.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's scheduled to come off in 2014. When I got my credit report from smart credit it said this collection has a high impact on my score. After this comes off I have 4 debts on my credit report that were included in my bankruptcy. I have 20 other trade lines that show never late. I'm hoping my score goes up its 542
Message 16 of 21
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Have you tried sending GW letters, to see if the CA will come off earlier?

Message 17 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When my one and only baddie (a collection) fell off I averages just over 50 point jump (all 3 agencies).

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My tu fico went up 39 points. I'm almost to 600 on my credit report. This is a good feeling.
Message 19 of 21
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Im happy for you I know that feeling after that last collection fell of my CR and I saw 735 on my FICO score I was a happy camper

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.