cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's this credit score for a start?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How's this credit score for a start?

Understand. But keep in mind BoA is a prime bank card. And imo, it's higher up on the food chain than Cap1. And I have 2 Cap1's. lol Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 14
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Try Amex Delta skymiles card, you will get approved I almost guarantee it. Search through these forums for easy cards to get with high limits.

With your scores amex will probably approve you for a good limit like 2-5k or more. When you activate you simply asked to have your account switched to a blue card or blue cash card and from what Ive read they will do it most of the time, with your scores you should be fine. They check experian only almost always..  The delta card is alot easier to get approved for then their other cards.

Edit: noticed your length of credit history only 6 months is not very long but I dont know requirements for the amex on that. I do know that make sure you put a land line for a phone number or you'll probably get delayed and have to call in.

Message Edited by gNaRKiLL on 11-14-2007 01:35 PM
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to get the Blue card from AmEx (no annual fee, $1,100 CL). I guess I'm content for now. Now I get to lean back and wait a few years and watch :-) Again, thanks for all your help everyone!
Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Q

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, here's the thing: My TransUnion FICO is now 720. It says that my payment history has been "Great", amount of debt is "Good" (hooray student loans...), length of credit history is "Bad" (well, 6 months), and amount of new credit is "Good". I checked out BoA preapproval and was only preapproved for that generic $29 per year card. Oh well, I guess I'll just sit back for a year or so, keep on paying on time and watch the score increase. Thanks for your help!

Hey, everyone, I don't know what the deal is with that site, but just about everyone gets turned down. (You should read Ms. QueenB's post on this!) I got one, too, and unless they're a big EQ-puller (could be), it's basically a nice little deal from BofA to find potential customers. The alternative is that I was turned down because I put in an opt-out.

I'll bet that OP gets a semi-pre-approved offer from BofA in the mail in a week or so.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.