cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge difference in scores My Fico and Equifax?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge difference in scores My Fico and Equifax?

I signed up with Equifax and my Equifax score is 510. I signed upt today with My Fico and my My Fico Equifax score is 525. My Transunion on Equifax 3 in 1 check is 572 and on My Fico 439. My Equifax 3 in 1 check of Exprian is 550 and MyFico is 510. I just finished a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I just received a Captial One credit card $300. They check all 3 according to my credit. If they used my MyFico scores to check to see if I qualify then I most certainly wouldnt have received this card.

Only other thing I can think of is credit card companies do not go by score that they go by debt. I have hardly any debt now that my bankruptcy is completed. 3 mos ago I applied for Capital One instantly denied.

Which credit checking site is most accurate? Is Equifax the most accurate? I am so lost now and upset by the huge change.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Re: Huge difference in scores My Fico and Equifax?

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up with Equifax and my Equifax score is 510. I signed upt today with My Fico and my My Fico Equifax score is 525. My Transunion on Equifax 3 in 1 check is 572 and on My Fico 439. My Equifax 3 in 1 check of Exprian is 550 and MyFico is 510. I just finished a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I just received a Captial One credit card $300. They check all 3 according to my credit. If they used my MyFico scores to check to see if I qualify then I most certainly wouldnt have received this card.

Only other thing I can think of is credit card companies do not go by score that they go by debt. I have hardly any debt now that my bankruptcy is completed. 3 mos ago I applied for Capital One instantly denied.

Which credit checking site is most accurate? Is Equifax the most accurate? I am so lost now and upset by the huge change.

It is confusing.  Let's try to break it all down.

Each credit reporting agency, Transunion, Equifax, and Experian, use different methods to generate FICO scores.

There are many different types of FICO scores.  I am in the process of leasing a new car and Toyota uses an Experian FICO Auto score.  This is a different FICO score than a credit card issuer would use.

The Equifax score you received from Equifax is probably not a FICO score.  I have a subscription to Equifax Complete Premier.  They don't show a FICO score.  They have their own method of generating a score.  I use this service for the alerts.

Credit Karma issues a Vantage 3 score.  It is often called a FAKO score.  However it is a valid score for any credit issuer that uses that model.

Credit card issuers don't just look at your score.  They look at a specific score along with the rest of your financial record.  They have specific requirements that vary greatly.

You can't look in terms of which score is the most accurate.  You have to look at what score and other factors that are used by any credit issuer.  That is why these forums are so important.  Try to find what others did in your similar position.  The Rebuilding forum and the Credit Card forums will be most valuable to you.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I contact Lexington Law today whom says my Transunion fico score is 607 and they say they pull right from fico. So does myfico.com. They are fico.

Who to believe, what site to check for reliable, up to date info?

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

EQ FICO for their monitoring service is FICO 4, not 8. As I read from here before while gaining knowledge. I ordered the 1 time EQ report last week and its off by 18 points from FICO 4 to FICO 8.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.