cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I FINALLY have six months of credit so now I have scores!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I FINALLY have six months of credit so now I have scores!

The only offer I’ve received is for credit one every week. I actually do have different variations of my name on my report. Hmmm.. I went to that OptInOutOut website to make sure I was opted in about 4 days ago.
Message 21 of 39
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok that’s awesome info. Will I receive any point increases when I cross any future month thresholds?

Yes, scoring thresholds exist for when your youngest account (AoYA) reaches 3, 6, and 12 months. As well, AAoA has thresholds at 1 year, 2 years, and then it's an incremental gain for each additional year of AAoA all the way up to 7 years 8 months I believe.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so since 3 of my of my youngest cards just reached 3 months, then it will be October when I get another boost. Got it.
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AltcntlDel

I just checked capital one’s prequalify tool and today the QuicksilverOne rewards is my offer. First time any offer besides a secure card has shown there.
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AltcntlDel

I just checked capital one’s prequalify tool and today the QuicksilverOne rewards is my offer. First time any offer besides a secure card has shown there.

Sounds good!  Maybe make a new thread or search the forum for recent posts but that is typically the easiest one to get after their secured.

Credit Karma should show you if there are multiple names and addresses on your reports.

CreditOne sucks. Don't do it...nobody likes them. Capital One Secured is better than them.

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not going to get any card right now but it looks great to see I have offers when I’m ready. Can’t wait to see Amex showing a card.
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arkane

Yes, scoring thresholds exist for when your youngest account (AoYA) reaches 3, 6, and 12 months. As well, AAoA has thresholds at 1 year, 2 years, and then it's an incremental gain for each additional year of AAoA all the way up to 7 years 8 months I believe.

I also know (at least on my profile) that 6.5 years AAoA is a small (4 point) threshold.  That being said, it could be possible that other half-year points are tiny thresholds as well, although I have not tested any others.

OP, keep in mind the advice in this thread that as stated not to apply for anything else at all since your main consideration is a mortgage in the relative near future.  Ignore any "offers" that you're seeing for sure.

Message 27 of 39
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@arkane

I also know (at least on my profile) that 6.5 years AAoA is a small (4 point) threshold.  That being said, it could be possible that other half-year points are tiny thresholds as well, although I have not tested any others.

OP, keep in mind the advice in this thread that as stated not to apply for anything else at all since your main consideration is a mortgage in the relative near future.  Ignore any "offers" that you're seeing for sure.

+9001

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brutal thanks for the reply. I won’t accept any offers before getting the mortgage. Just checking to see what’s available so I’ll know the direction I can head after the house.

Since I don’t have an installment loan or mortgage currently, do you think adding the mortgage would cause my scores to take a hit or would they actually improve?
Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd likely see a drop initially from the inquiries/new account (age of accounts reduced) but that's true of any new account really.  With respect to adding an installment loan, having one at 100% utilization over not having one at all may be about a wash, so I don't think that would influence score much either way.  Within 6 months to a year though I would think you'd expect to see some score improvement.

I still think the single best thing you can do for your profile is attempt to get your oldest account reporting to all 3B which will significantly improve your other 2 scores.  You'd definitely get a nice scorecard reassignment on those other 2B if they see your oldest account as being 12+ years rather than ~6 months.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.