Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Hate Equifax

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

I Hate Equifax

Not really, but catchy titles are good "attention getters." Smiley Happy

Anyway, rhetorical question here…  Why is my Equifax FICO score refusing to update?  I know there’s no rhyme/reason for the scoring algorithms, but it’s so frustrating.

Quick background history:  Joined the forum in 1/12, discovered tons of information, and went to work.  Absolutely no baddies, perfect payment history, no BK, etc.  My problem was very high utilization (72% revolving) and far too many inquiries.  I had myself added as an authorized user to a $10,000 CL AMEX with a $0 balance in January, began gardening, and started to work at paying down debt.  Since adding the AMEX, I have paid an additional $3,000 on revolving debt and my current utilization is now reporting as 36%.  All of this updated information has posted to all three credit bureaus.

My initial EQ FICO was 659, and TU08 was 670.  So, what are my current scores after these changes reported?  Well, TU08 rose to 699, and EQ dropped to 656.  The only thing I can figure is that the added AU on the AMEX caused me to be re-bucketed by lowering my AAoA (went from just over 5 yrs to 4 yrs, 1 month).  However, this didn’t cause a score drop on TU.

Anyway, I received CLIs this month for another $1700 and paid another $700 on my revolving debt, both of which should lower my utilization even more.  It will be interesting to see if there is any change next month after these are reporting.       

Why do you hate me so, EQ? Smiley Mad

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: I Hate Equifax

I hate Equifax, too.

I hate Equifax because they refuse to delete the collections that are supposed to be deleted that everyone else deleted, and the dispute is taking 10000 times longer than any other dispute I've had to do to get updated information in the past.

I hate Equifax because the have a call center out of the US and I can't understand the reps, and the reps don't know JACK about how this all works.

I hate Equifax because it has always been my lowest score and always will be.

I hate Equifax because EVERYWHERE that I want credit from uses them.

Love,

Booner

Oh, Equifax, let me count the ways.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 12
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

LOL Booner!!!

I too hate EQ!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

I hate Equifax, too.

I hate Equifax because they refuse to delete the collections that are supposed to be deleted that everyone else deleted, and the dispute is taking 10000 times longer than any other dispute I've had to do to get updated information in the past.

I hate Equifax because the have a call center out of the US and I can't understand the reps, and the reps don't know JACK about how this all works.

Love,

Booner

LOL!  Booner, this is great stuff... Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 12
namvet
Established Contributor

You are not alone.  EQ is my least favorite of the big 3. 

Message 5 of 12
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Are you kidding me

@namvet wrote:

You are not alone.  EQ is my least favorite of the big 3. 

Experian is the worst by far. Were do I start? No myfico agreement...h,n I wonder why? Inaccurate information They won't remove old addresses... I have a HOSPITAL listed as an old address. Account balances on my student loans that were consolidated still show balance owed Not to mention their score 540 doesn't even match their FAKO score I paid for from their website which was 601, or the USAA score of 590, which is till significantly lower than my other two scores with the same information, minus the hospital address

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
RW771
Frequent Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

I hate Equifax, too.

Love,

Booner

Ditto. EQ is ALWAYS my lowest too and EVERYWHERE here uses them. Funny thing is EQ even has the least amount of advserse accts/baddies out of all 3 and is always a good 30-50 points lower than what TU and EX show me (even each time a lender has pulled EX).

They are the slowest to update accounts and I hate calling in for an issue, only for them to keep trying to sell me crap. Bleh.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 7 of 12
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Well, I still hate Equifax, but I'm now up to 680 on my score, just checked today and there was a 24 point jump in the past month - something obviously updated. Smiley Surprised

This is much more in line with my TU08, which is 699.

Hopefullly I'll cross over the 700 barrier on my TU next month, which will be my first score to do so... Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I was at the credit union, opening up a CD at 2.75%.  Well, it's one per primary member.  (I am primary, DH is secondary.)   So we opened up an another member account with DH as primary, me as secondary.  They pulled credit.   

I naturally asked which report - Equifax.   I groaned - you probably heard me - I said I think that is the worst one....

The banker looked up, smiled, and said, "Yep!  Equifax is usually the worst score of all three and that's why we pull it!"

DH - 707

Me - 797

Message 9 of 12
h4ldol
Contributor

When I checked my FICO scores last month prior to applying for some new CC, my EQ and TU were around 740-749 and I found that my EX FICO was much lower than both of those. 708 and 706 when pulled by BoA and AMEX. So for me at least, Experian has been the worst in terms of the actual FICO score.

However, I hate Equifax because of what happened last night when I pulled my free annual credit reports (FACT act) from all 3 bureaus. TU and EX were fine but EQ had some weird error that prevented me from printing/saving the report, and then there was an error when I tried to create an online account so that I could access it later. So now the only way I can see the report is to request by mail and jump through all sorts of hoops (like sending in various forms of proof of ID) just to get it.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.