cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I advise others...now it's my turn!! 90 day late on account with Experian??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I advise others...now it's my turn!! 90 day late on account with Experian??

I pulled my Experian today through myfico.com.  Score is 570 currently.

I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filed in 10/05, and discharged in 02/06...and only Experian has these problems, which are:

-several accounts in the BK have a "date last active" after the filing or even after the discharge of the BK...11/05, 2/06, 7/06 for example - I'd assume this probably brings my score down a few points

-I have a car loan that I reaffirmed after the BK.  Experian claims there was one 90 day late in August 2006 - which is BS, I was 30 days late during the BK, before discharge, but never more than a few days late since and never 30 days ever, let alone 90, after that one 30 day late in Jan '06.  It also says "last activity" August 2006.  It shows a payment history through last August, but a balance of zero - the reaffirming screwed up the reporting I think.

All three bureaus show this loan discharged with a zero balance, even though I have reaffirmed the vehicle.  The lender doesn't send out a bill anymore, I just pay it, perhaps that's part of it.

I tried the online dispute with Experian through myfico - it just said "unable at this time, yadda yadda, privacy, yadda yadda..."

Questions:

-can I go ahead and dispute by mail with just a myfico report or do I have to pull one from Experian?
-would I be better to ask to have the 90 day corrected and leave the car loan showing as discharged, or am I better to show it with a current balance, current last activity date, and an active account?  And if I do that, would the legitimate 30 day, that doesn't show up, on an ACTIVE account (even if it was back in Jan 06) be worse than the illegitimate 90 day from August 2006 that's on there now, with it showing as discharged in BK?

Finally, for some reason, myfico's FICO score simulator doesn't allow me to choose my Experian report, just the other two - is it because I pulled the others a week ago and Experian now??

Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-01-2007 07:58 AM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fixfico
Established Member

Re: I advise others...now it's my turn!! 90 day late on account with Experian??

I have the same problem with EX where they are reporting lates for discharged items.  MyFico shows 72 lates all related to this issue that I am having with them.  I disputed all of them and hoping that they will remove the lates and note them like TU & EQ -- as included in BK, $0.  These two bureaus have no late notations on the accounts.  You can dispute through MyFico by clicking on "Next Steps" which will take you to the Experian webpage to begin your dispute.

Message Edited by fixfico on 08-01-2007 09:20 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply - actually though - I tried to dispute through the myfico link and it didn't work.  That's when I got the message I said I got.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems EX is ~bleep~ing with us. See my post in General Cred Issues, EX reporting my discharged foreclosure as late/derogatory. Tried the online dispute with TC last eve but got msg that it was unavailable.

Good luck
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with disputing online at Experian says it's like beating your head against the wall. I then tried disputing by mail and it's only slightly better.

I have a ch. 7 discharged BOA CC acct that I disputed online. Initial status was "bankruptcy/60 days late" and they verified it. So, I send 2nd dispute by mail with copies of my ch. 7 discharge and unsecured creditor list that the acct number and amount is listed on. They verified it AGAIN without change.

What can I do? Is there a phone number to get a live person at Experian? All the ones I can find are automated.

BTW, as several others have noted in this thread... I also had several post-discharge delinquencies shown in my Experian CR. What they all were, in my case, is the incorrect date of BK being shown in the acct history. I've managed to get most of them corrected to the proper BK date via disputes.
Message 5 of 6
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Biggest prob I have with EX is that they always do the cheap and easy dispute investigation process first, which means they consult a 3rd party database for account verification rather than actually contacting the creditor or collection agency firsthand. You have to wait for that first investigation to finish, then if you have contact information you wish them to use, only after the first investigation will they actually contact the creditor. And you have to bully them a little bit to get them to do that. I have had several letters sent to me by creditors as proof of my claims, all of which have been rejected as "not legitimate documentation." I've had to call them and argue about the fact that there is nothing MORE legitimate than a letter from the original creditor saying that this debt is not valid or should be removed from my credit report.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.