cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I blew AZEO, but got the points to reach 800 anyway.

tag
D10001
Valued Member

I blew AZEO, but got the points to reach 800 anyway.

I charged something on my Citi Double Cash on my statement closing date.  I thought it would pend, but not post until the following day.  It did post which gave me 1.3% utilitization on the revolving credit line.  I've another credit card at 18.3%.  The remaining 4, where I'm the responsible party are at 0%.

Now I did let the one revolving line where I'm an authorized user reach extactly 1%.

Overall, my utilization decreased from 6% to 5%.  Of course, my accounts all aged one month.

Anyone have an idea which of the above factors got me the 8 points that I needed to reach 800?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

Re: I blew AZEO, but got the points to reach 800 anyway.

It could be an individual utilization dropping below a threshhold because I don't believe going overall from 6 to 5% would do much. Likely could be an aging metric, newest account aged past 24 months or AAoA went over 6 years just as a couple of examples where I saw bumps.

I will say that AUs behave weirdly, so that's a wrinkle. Especially when it comes to different scoring models, newer versus older.

PS Congrats on 800! well done!

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@D10001 wrote:

I charged something on my Citi Double Cash on my statement closing date.  I thought it would pend, but not post until the following day.  It did post which gave me 1.3% utilitization on the revolving credit line.  I've another credit card at 18.3%.  The remaining 4, where I'm the responsible party are at 0%.

Now I did let the one revolving line where I'm an authorized user reach extactly 1%.

Overall, my utilization decreased from 6% to 5%.  Of course, my accounts all aged one month.

Anyone have an idea which of the above factors got me the 8 points that I needed to reach 800?

It's a common misconception here that AZEO is likely to get you points in FICO 8 scores. It rarely makes a difference whether you have 1 account reporting a balance, or instead have 2 or 3, or even more in some profiles.  In my profile it wouldn't make a difference to my FICO 8 scores if I had 1 account reporting a balance or 6.

AZEO is really just a sort of insurance policy, to ensure that there isn't a single FICO scoring model in which you would be penalized for having too many accounts with a balance. It's much more likely to make an actual difference in the older scoring models, like the mortgage scores.

I have no idea which event to which you pointed gave you an 8 point FICO 8 score increase, but if I had to guess my guess would be "none of the above, unless an age profile which you haven't mentioned was crossed".

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the 800!

Most of the time, a 8 pt or less change comes from inqs aging or new account becoming less new.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.