cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like I have been wasting money-myfico scores

tag
Tierra399

I feel like I have been wasting money-myfico scores

It's so disappointing after using myfico for months monitoring my credit scores only to be shot down. When you think you are finally ready to buy a house you find out that myfico is off by 48 points Smiley Frustrated .

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I feel like I have been wasting money-myfico scores

@Tierra399 wrote:

It's so disappointing after using myfico for months monitoring my credit scores only to be shot down. When you think you are finally ready to buy a house you find out that myfico is off by 48 points Smiley Frustrated .

Are you comparing your mortgage score to FICO 8?  Those aren't going to be the same.  You need to look at your mortgage scores on here.  

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The following tread details the scores most commonly used for mortgage decisions.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...
Message 3 of 6
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Tierra399 wrote:

I feel terrible for you. However,  don't let this get you down, pay attention to the quality of the data in your report and you'll find that even with variations, all of your scores will head in the right direction. You could also use something like the Credit Pulls Database to choose a lender that pulls your desired bureau/score. There is a wealth of information here on that as well. Keep your chin up tho, the score game is just that. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know nothing about 08 scores vs mortgage scores and how the different criteria that go into each score are weighed differently.  One thing I'm pretty sure about, though, and in knowing nothing about the differences, is that if you're doing the right thing to improve your 08 scores I would imagine your mortgage scores would follow the same path even if it isn't quite equal or proportionate.  Do the right thing with respect to your profile and your scores (different types) will respond accordingly.

Message 5 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

When I refinanced in August, I told my Mortgage Broker what my FICO Mortgage scores were before he pulled credit. He was surprised that I was spot on.

Unless you pulled a new 3B report the day they pulled your credit, the scores were likely different. I admit for a long time I did not realize that only the FICO 08 score updates with alerts and all the other versions remain unchanged until you buy a new 3B.

You have a new data point, did the lender provide any input on what you need to do to improve your score?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.